Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help....

Does anyone know what Light Bulb type the 2015 Versys uses? I want to replace these for a Brighter type but need to know what "H" range they need to be.

Cheers,

·
Registered
84 Posts
Same question here, I'm trying to access the anemic yellowish running lights and change them out for something whiter. I can barely get fingertips to the base wiring in the interior but I get the feeling something else gotta give before they can get changed out. Wondering if anyone has accessed them on the 15 yet. The owners manual is spectacularly unhelpful.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just came across a thread on a Versys 1000 page saying you need to remove the screen, top side panels and instrument panel before accessing the side lights. Not sure but I'm guessing the 650 might well be a similar arrangement?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Thanks all.

Any idea how easy it is to replace these? Does any cowling need to be removed?
I just changed both the high and low in the last few weeks. They each burned out on my '09 3 weeks apart.

1) Remove the windscreen
2) Remove the left and right fairings
3) Remove the 2 10mm bolts at the top left and right corners of the headlight assembly
4) Remove the 2 10mm nuts from the bottom left and right corners of the headlight assembly
5) Now the only thing holding your head light assembly to the bike are the four wire connections - unplug those
6) Remove (pull off) the rubber boot from the back of the offending headlight bulb
7) Back off the screw to release tension on the bulb socket spring - careful to not let it fly off
8) Pull out the bulb socket and replace your bulb

·
Registered
4 Posts
Added Photos

I just changed both the high and low in the last few weeks. They each burned out on my '09 3 weeks apart.

1) Remove the windscreen
3) Remove the 2 10mm bolts at the top left and right corners of the headlight assembly
4) Remove the 2 10mm nuts from the bottom left and right corners of the headlight assembly
5) Now the only thing holding your head light assembly to the bike are the four wire connections - unplug those
6) Remove (pull off) the rubber boot from the back of the offending headlight bulb
7) Back off the screw to release tension on the bulb socket spring - careful to not let it fly off
I added pictures to the description! I spent about 45 minutes yesterday following these steps. It was very helpful, ATYC!
:thanx:

1) Remove the windscreen

1 - 13 of 13 Posts