Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a pair of Oxford Heated Grips (touring) and I am curious to know from those who have done so before me, how long ago did you install and do they still work?

Realistically, how long should I expect them to last?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've had Oxford heated grips on my C14 for about three years, and they work well.
I put a pair on my Versys last year that I bought at Cycle Gear that looked very similar to Oxfords, and they also work well.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Two seasons on my 2006 KLR650, no issues. I installed the adventure model (little longer) because I got a deal (~$75 amazon).

Can't use them at 100%, too hot. I communte on the KLR but just bought a 2014 Versys so we'll see how things go...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have had the touring Oxford grips for a year with no issues. Side note: I left my heated grips on yesterday morning after my commute with out realizing and they shut off automatically by the time I realized it. Bike started fine after.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Realistically, how long should I expect them to last?
I've had a few pairs on a few bikes. If I remember right, once I had a controller failure, and Twisted Throttle shipped me a replacement free.

On my Versys the grips have been on there for 56k miles or so. I think they would have worn though long ago, but I wrapped them with tennis racket wrap. I think that's key to making them last: don't wear out the rubber.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts