Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty, I've been digging in the forum, and haven't found any posts about this one, so I figured I'd just ask.

I went out and bought the license plate bracket with the built in light, because well, I figure the more lights I have to let the peeps behind me know what the hell I'm doing the better, because I'm not in the mood to become a bug on their front bumper.

I got the thing home, opened it, and woot, it had the bracket, the light, and a wire. Nothing Else. So I'm wondering if any of you may have installed a bracket with a light connected to your brake light wire. And if so, how easy was it to just wire into it? And how the hell did you do it? I'm a little freaked out on playing with the brake light wire because I like the fact that it works... And if I play with it, knowing my not so kind friendship with electricity, I don't want to have it not work. That would probably suck, as I'm in Utah, and the drivers out here LOVE to tailgate, it's a nice past time of theirs.

·
Registered
79 Posts
If it's the Back Off frame I put it on mine. pretty straight forward just tapped into the tail and barake light wires.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Wiring in an extra brake light is quite easy. Pop off your seat and find the power wire going into the light (I know that I wired to the blue with yellow striped wire, but the wiring diagram in the shop manual lists it as black with yellow). Use a "quick connect" wire connector to tap the hot wire from your license frame into the power wire to the brake light. Then either use another quick connect to tap the ground wire from the license frame to the ground wire from the brake light, or just wire it to the grounding screw there under the seat.

Voila, you're done. Probably a 10 minute job unless you're me. Then it's an hour 'cos I go slow and think about it a lot. That thinking part is hard for me so it takes time.

Test it, then enjoy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts