Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
Versys X 300
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1st & 3rd pics - Mississippi, 2, 4 & 5 pics Arizona.
Oh darn! The reason I asked is that my in-laws live in Tampa and I am their caretaker until my wife retires. My father in-law has dementia so I'll be there more often to help. I have a bucket list trip planned that includes riding my VX3 from the Sanford Auto Train terminal to Key West. I was hoping to ride some dirt roads heading south in FL but I've heard there's not many.

· Registered
2021 Versys-X 300 2021 Z900RS
570 Posts
Oh darn! The reason I asked is that my in-laws live in Tampa and I am their caretaker until my wife retires. My father in-law has dementia so I'll be there more often to help. I have a bucket list trip planned that includes riding my VX3 from the Sanford Auto Train terminal to Key West. I was hoping to ride some dirt roads heading south in FL but I've heard there's not many.
Most dirt roads in FL are in N. FL. I have seen some roads on Google Maps SE of Orlando that I suspect are dirt, but I have not gone to investigate yet.

I do know a route from St. Cloud to South Bay that is back roads. I have found a couple of short roads in Homestead that aren't paved and the 11 mile road in the Big Cypress Wildlife Management Area is still dirt. If there are others, I have not found them yet.

· Registered
Versys X 300
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Too cold to ride but my insulated garage is warm enough to add some accessories. I just finished installing a center stand and T-Rex HD skid plate. That's one beefy skid plate.

FYI - The T-Rex skid plate does not play well with Givi crash bars. The hardware provided for the top mounting point is not compatible. I had to make multiple visits to the various hardware stores to get a bolt and nut combo that could be tightened inside the Givi tube mount.

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Alloy wheel Bumper

· Registered
23 Posts
Mid winter ride to Rangeley, Maine and off road near Bingham, Maine
Cloud Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle

Cloud Tire Sky Plant Automotive tire

1 - 19 of 19 Posts