Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate the way so many of the Versys owners call their Versys the V. It does not even have a V twin motor. Hate is a strong word, I deplore having my Versys called the V.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
The V is for Versys...not V-twin
:)

·
Registered
739 Posts
Forum jargon.

When you say V on ADVrider.com, you mean a Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom.

An ST on ST-owners.com is a Honda ST1100 or ST1300, on the Beast subforum of ADVrider it is a Super Tenere, on Triumphrat.net it is a Triumph Sprint ST.

Each forum will make their own product's abbreviations, for convenience and terms of endearment. Here it is V. For a parallel twin.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
I love my V! Sorry dude. I cant stand the word "Farkle".. Sounds Gay, but I must live with seeing it on the V forum. :thumb:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I love my V! Sorry dude. I cant stand the word "Farkle".. Sounds Gay, but I must live with seeing it on the V forum. :thumb:
I can't agree more about "Farkle". Who the h*ll came up with that word anyway? Even more, after someone did come up with it, how in the h*ll did it ever catch on? I refuse to use it.

For what it's worth, I kind of agree about the "V". Having looked into purchasing a V-Strom before buying my Versys, when I hear "V" by itself, I still think of "V-Strom".

·
Registered
169 Posts
I hate the way so many of the Versys owners call their Versys the V. It does not even have a V twin motor. Hate is a strong word, I deplore having my Versys called the V.
I hereby promises to never refer to my Versys or anybody else's Versys as V, KMW, BMW, Ducati, Ferrari...
Call your bike whatever you like but mine is a Kawasaki Versys. :cheers:

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
I call mine a Versys, but the abbreviated V commonly used in the forums is generally accepted and certainly won't go away... :(

I really hate this stupid smiley a lot: :yeahsmile: WTF is that?! :mad: I wish it was banned forever. I could do without 'farkle' too. I sure as hell don't use that farken fake word.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
V

You don't say V and I won't say farkle? I was just stirring the pot. It seems to have worked.:teetertooter:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hereby promises to never refer to my Versys or anybody else's Versys as V, KMW, BMW, Ducati, Ferrari...
Call your bike whatever you like but mine is a Kawasaki Versys. :cheers:
You will be allowed to keep breathing! Stay the course, watch your mouth.:huh:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I call mine a Versys, but the abbreviated V commonly used in the forums is generally accepted and certainly won't go away... :(

I really hate this stupid smiley a lot: :yeahsmile: WTF is that?!
:mad: I wish it was banned forever. I could do without 'farkle' too. I sure as hell don't use that farken fake word.
Looks like a Democrat after he votes Demodrat!:clap:

·
Registered
764 Posts
All for it but you should at least give a suggestion as to what we should use instead of V if you hate it so much. Whatca got? Let here it! Dude!:exactly: Lets here it from everyone, what should we abbreviate Versys with? I'm inclined to go with Versys like Invader.

Donn

·
Registered
267 Posts
I don't use V and farkle. when I. Speak, but I have no issue reading or writing them.
Farkle always kinda makes me chuckle. It's about as gay of a word as there ever could be.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I don't use V and farkle. when I. Speak, but I have no issue reading or writing them.
Farkle always kinda makes me chuckle. It's about as gay of a word as there ever could be.
Farkle cracks me up, I like it and I dont think it's Gay. Not that anything is wrong with that, (Seinfeld):D

Donn

1 - 20 of 126 Posts