Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Versys 650
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my stock forks are leaking, have been since a few days after I rode the bike home from purchase. But they also perform like crap. I don’t think it’s a lack of oil issue yet but more due to the stock spring rate being to light for my weight. It dives during braking and on hard hits it blows through the travel and bottoms out pretty quick making a horrible sound . So I’m wondering if anyone has experience with changing springs or drop in cartrages for the oem forks etc. I’m about 255 lbs without gear currently for reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
21,790 Posts
IF your forks are leaking, by DEFINITION they are LOW on oil, so replacing the seals and re-filling would be NUMBER ONE on my "to-do" list.

·
Registered
20 Posts
look into Race-tech, I had the same issues with mine. I weigh 185-195 and I'm not a real aggressive rider, so i opted for a 0.95 spring. it seems to have done the trick.as far as they may have a set up that works.
Keep us posted. JJ

·
Registered
2014 Versys 650
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
look into Race-tech, I had the same issues with mine. I weigh 185-195 and I'm not a real aggressive rider, so i opted for a 0.95 spring. it seems to have done the trick.as far as they may have a set up that works.
Keep us posted. JJ
Alright, I’m a bit heavier and I am a pretty aggressive rider . Might just do a fork rebuild with the proper springs and call it good. I plan to take the bike offroad some and I know the forks are just going to be trash as they sit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
The race tech web site has a calculator to figure what springs to use. stock springs a .73 spring, this may be adequate for 150 lb. person who rides fire trails etc.. Maybe look into the emulator valve kit. good luck keep us posted.
JJ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts