Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After much thought I just purchased the LeoVince Underbody slipon exhaust. I went directly to LeoVince USA and tried to get a good deal but the best they could do was 10% off of list which will be going up to $519.00 next week. Curtis @ LeoVince suggested I contact Tom @ Biohazardcycles.com and he gave me a great deal I could not pass up. If anyone is interested in this pipe definatley give Tom a [email protected]

http://www.biohazardcycles.com/servlet/StoreFront

https://www.leovinceusa.com/cart/productdetail.php?quantity=1&RecordNum=1996&Subline=UNDERBODY&Make=KAWASAKI&Model=VERSYS 650&CC=650&Year=2010&Image=Underbody.jpg&Type=Slip-On&SoundRating=e&Description=EVOII UNDERBODY SS&PartNum=8242&RetailPrice=499&Notes1=&shipping=5

·
Registered
754 Posts
I just had my V dyno'd with this exact slip on and here's the results. First is a stock 08. The second is mine. The red line is with the underbody and pcIII with stock exhaust map. The blue line is after custom dyno tune was done. With the quiet insert in it still made almost 6 horses over stock. Sounds awesome and she sure rips too!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Nice job! This is the first set of power curves that I've seen for a modded V, that retained the nice "shape" of the original power curves, with no new "dips" in the torque curve.

So, about how much does it cost to do all this?

·
Registered
754 Posts
It is NOT necessary to add a PC of any kind with this slip on. I talked to the folks at Leo Vince and they said this specific muffler was engineered to work with the stock set up...no air or fuel changes required at all. I did it because I wanted to improve the power curve and get maximum performance which it did... but I also lost about 50 miles in tank range which I'm not sure how I feel about right now with gas on the way up. The pc makes a big difference though. Yesterday I put in the zero map to compare with the new map and I immediately could feel the difference...it lost that serious pulling power it has with the custom map. I will run it with the pc for a while and if the gas thing proves to be a pain in my ass I will run it with the zero map and get back to 220+ miles I am used to getting. Cost was $399 for the Leo (got it on sale before Christmas), $269 for the PCIII shipped, $250 for the dyno tune. Less than a grand for a much improved machine...but if I were you I'd keep it simple and just get the slip on. It will still rip and it sounds great!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
It is NOT necessary to add a PC of any kind with this slip on. I talked to the folks at Leo Vince and they said this specific muffler was engineered to work with the stock set up...no air or fuel changes required at all. I did it because I wanted to improve the power curve and get maximum performance which it did... but I also lost about 50 miles in tank range which I'm not sure how I feel about right now with gas on the way up. The pc makes a big difference though. Yesterday I put in the zero map to compare with the new map and I immediately could feel the difference...it lost that serious pulling power it has with the custom map. I will run it with the pc for a while and if the gas thing proves to be a pain in my ass I will run it with the zero map and get back to 220+ miles I am used to getting. Cost was $399 for the Leo (got it on sale before Christmas), $269 for the PCIII shipped, $250 for the dyno tune. Less than a grand for a much improved machine...but if I were you I'd keep it simple and just get the slip on. It will still rip and it sounds great!
+1
Great write-up.
Yes, with just the can the bike runs really well. But it's a bit lean, you can get a pop or burbling just off idle on decel. A ecu remap would richen where necessary and set timing to suit so another bump in power would be expected.

I think I got one of the first ones that came to the states. It's completely approved and been thru a battery of tests for several foriegn markets and is EU approved. So it meets epa regs here too. And there's a port for an O2 for the models that have one. Seems to me the 2010 or 2011 model started shipping with an o2 sensor for the ecu which does make the fuel mix more accurate. Usually they are not that sophisticated, there's a lean and rich setting and it switches based on the o2 signal. One of the basic performance mod for hyper dualsports like husky and KTM is to remove the o2 and program the ecu for the full rich setting.

Anyway, it is a nice piece even if some said they hated it and it looked like a breadbox. :D

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Anyway, it is a nice piece even if some said they hated it and it looked like a breadbox. :D[/QUOTE]

To be exact: A bread box with an A-Hole...:guilty: :teetertooter: :teetertooter: :yeahsmile:

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Anyway, it is a nice piece even if some said they hated it and it looked like a breadbox. :D

To be exact: A bread box with an A-Hole...:guilty: :teetertooter: :teetertooter: :yeahsmile:[/QUOTE]

I thought you said it looked like a toaster

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
To be exact: A bread box with an A-Hole...:guilty: :teetertooter: :teetertooter: :yeahsmile:
I thought you said it looked like a toaster[/QUOTE]

Nope i remember it well. It was bread box...:D

Everytime i see one i get the urge to make a sandwich..:cheers:

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
I thought you said it looked like a toaster

Nope i remember it well. It was bread box...:D

Everytime i see one i get the urge to make a sandwich..:cheers:[/QUOTE]

Whoops, my bad, about to have some toast so getting a bit confused tonight :eek:

·
Registered
192 Posts
To each his own...enjoy your sandwich
looks like marietta motorsports, correct?

i had them tune my suspension and it made a huge difference. one of these days i'll do some performance upgrades and use them for tuning but i'm happy at the moment :)

we should have an atlanta area versys ride sometime when it warms up!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts