Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is beaten to death and yes I have searched. But a lot of threads were old and some info was conflicting. I want my bike a little louder to be heard but not looking to be two brothers loud. So I have narrowed my choices down to the three. I like Leo Vince and really like the gp style exhaust but it doesn't have great reviews. The sbk seems good but not crazy about the looks of it. And the yoshi is nice because it sticks out a bit like a conventional pipe. I like the option of a removable silencer. So in the end I'll be spending 4-500 bucks and I want to be happy. Also where are you guys ordering from? Revzilla seems fair but is there anywhere else better. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Yosh with DB Killer In
Yoshi with DB Killer Out

Ordered off of Amazon

IMG_0752 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
11 Posts
I haven't used the others but had stock exhaust on my first Versys and now have an Arrow on my second, I really do love the sound from the Arrow. It's borderline too loud for me but that's only as you rev things, cruising isn't loud and idling isn't bad but I do try to be careful coming into my apartment late so I don't piss folks off (no one has said anything).

Never really cared about my exhaust but a few weeks back I was in the middle of shifting, guy two lanes over starts doing the 'normal' car thing of flying across multiple lanes without checking so I kept the clutch in revved the hell out of my bike, the guy jump in his seat and swerved back into his lane then got over after I passed. Was quicker and coincidentally louder to use my bike as a horn than my actual horn (still got stock one).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where did you buy the arrow from. I had one on my last versys. Everyone seems out of stock. And I wanted to give another pipe a chance.

·
Registered
403 Posts
The arrow sans DB killer is awesome! I have a video comparing it with stock, but mind you, the DB killer was in for this video. I didn't even know at the time!

·
Registered
261 Posts
The Leo Evo II is designed to work with the stock fuel map/tuning. It is only slightly louder than stock (baffle in) and IMO looks better than those that stick out from the side.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How loud is the Leo without the silencer? I had a Leo pipe before and it was a solid product. I really like the Leo Vince gp style with the twist in it but I can't get much info on it

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
The Leo Evo II is designed to work with the stock fuel map/tuning. It is only slightly louder than stock (baffle in) and IMO looks better than those that stick out from the side.

Looks like a bread box with Kim Kardashian's Vagina attached.:grin2::grin2:

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This post went a totally different direction but it's all good. Still haven't pulled the trigger! No one persuaded me in any particular direction

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts