Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK... so I have decided to get a full system. The question is.. LV or Arrow? The full LV is $80 more, but I think it has a deeper and more subdued sound. The arrow looks to have more welds and the can is clamped, where as the LV is spring tensioned header to manifold, primary to secondary collector, and can to pipes. Why, I'm not sure. Is there an advantage of one over the other?

Any comments would be appreciated. Sorry to beat this exhaust question to death, but I sure do appreciate any advice!;)

LV Pic:

LV sound byte from dyno run: SOUND BYTE

Technical Drawing... Why springs as opposed to solid welds?

Arrow headers (Thanks Bob!) Which I think are absolutely gorgeous!

The Arrow Can Clamp on, not spring

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
I prefer the Arrow's superior design and overall quality. Clamp-on is not as quickly installed or removed, but is more secure... I got my Muzzy header and slip-on for only $360 + taxes and $65 shipping to Canada, but I had to make the silencer quieter as it doesn't have a removeable quiet core like Arrow.

·
Registered
429 Posts
+1 for the Arrow. Husky uses Arrow for OEM exhaust, I've got two Arrow cans and they're top notch. I like the look better than the Leo as well. A spring setup will leak a tad, move around more, more prone to failure imho (prolly never will, they use them on dirt bikes and they rarely ever have issues) but I've seen a broken spring on a friends bike.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
The Arrow has springs to secure the down tubes to the collector... Down tubes are also of increasing diameter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts