1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
It sounds great either way. I like its longer loop design with the small resonator before the silencer. What's the best price you've found? Is it available as a full exhaust system like their SBK oval EVOII?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those graph are interesting in that they all show a loss of torque in the low end. I think thats just for the slip on, and a header would address that.

Unfortunately, LV doesn't yet make the full system for the GP... unless you can mate the GP pipe to the EVO header? Dunno.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Those graph are interesting in that they all show a loss of torque in the low end. I think thats just for the slip on, and a header would address that.

Unfortunately, LV doesn't yet make the full system for the GP... unless you can mate the GP pipe to the EVO header? Dunno.
I think you can use the Arrow headers with other cans. It should work because you can buy the Arrow header and can separately, which means either should bolt up to the stocker and other after market cans.

I've seen one or two dynos for slip Versys cans, the graphs look a lot different than the Ninja. It seems like exhaust mods have a much more dramatic increase for the Versys compared to the Ninja. :) There's a before/after dyno chart somebody posted here that shows a 10% gain in torque, top torque is reached much earlier and stays up there. So you gain 10% more torque and you get it several thousand rpms sooner than the stock can.

I like the first video clip much more than the second. You're right, it's not too loud at all, but it's definitely louder than stock (in a good way). The second clip sounds sort of strange, when he lets off the gas.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oooooh. I'd love to see that chart! I think I'd be whipping out the already abused VISA pretty quick! :)

I think you can use the Arrow headers with other cans. It should work because you can buy the Arrow header and can separately, which means either should bolt up to the stocker and other after market cans.

I've seen one or two dynos for slip Versys cans, the graphs look a lot different than the Ninja. It seems like exhaust mods have a much more dramatic increase for the Versys compared to the Ninja. :) There's a before/after dyno chart somebody posted here that shows a 10% gain in torque, top torque is reached much earlier and stays up there. So you gain 10% more torque and you get it several thousand rpms sooner than the stock can.

I like the first video clip much more than the second. You're right, it's not too loud at all, but it's definitely louder than stock (in a good way). The second clip sounds sort of strange, when he lets off the gas.

·
Registered
429 Posts
This was posted by Shawn in South Africa;

In the following thread;

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1072

I've got a TBR CF can, not quiet but well worth it imho. You get used to the sound output. I was super worried about bothering the neighbors too, just like you guys. My wife says she can't even hardly hear me. I've come home a few times and nobody even heard me arrive. She tells me our neighbor's Harley is WAY louder than my bike. I've kept the insert in the can as I felt it was just too loud w/o it. I'm no longer worried about the noise output. I pass people walking down the street all the time. I always back off and move to the opposite side of the street, 9 times out of 10 they wave back in appreciation. If the bike was too loud, I don't think the pedestrians would be waving hello.

Luke

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Look at that torque. No wonder I (we :) ) love the Versys!

More ammo for getting pipes and can. The arrow is such a bragan, but I do like the quiet of the Leo. I wish someone would compair the two.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts