Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over on the other forum that I waste a lot of time on, we have a "lend a couch" thread for members who are going cross country on the cheap or run into difficulty out on the road. I realize the other forum is much more USA-centric than this one, but this seems to be just as tight knit of a community and even a little less distance-phobic. Do y'all think this may be a good idea for the Versys forum?

http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=98370

:feedback:

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm in. The BMW MOA does this too.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I will be in once I get a new address when I return next year, Halifax, NS or wherever the military will send me.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Can add me in as well! Been reading a lot on some other forums as well and find it is a pretty great idea. By the way, located north of Allentown Pa about 20 miles. Outside of Palmerton and Lehighton.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I live on the East Side of Dallas and have a spare bedroom and a lot of open floor space in the Game Room. Also, about a 1/2 acre out back to camp on if interested. The Upstairs Game room has a half bath and is heated and Air conditioned.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have learned in the past. That people are reluctant and rightfully so to give out too much info publicly over the net. What seems to work the best is for someone to keep it online in a private password protected location. And only those that are on the list and verified with a phone call are given the password.

That said, I'm in.
Approx. 40 miles s.w. of Madison, Wi.
camping available, tools, trailer, tire changer, guide services :) And if you are traveling I will accept and hold packages for you.
My house is filled with animals that shed, but I would have a room if needed.

(Shameless plug) Amsoil products usually on hand.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When I set up the SVR map, I considered privacy and internet safety right from the beginning. Exact addresses aren't used in setting up the map, nor are email addresses complete and clickable. If a town is specified, I set the map marker in the center of town, it's up to the traveler to use common sense and contact the host through the board to make arrangements in advance. Since I'm a mod on the other site, if someone was foolish enough to put too detailed of information is, I would update it by breaking the email link or dumbing down the directions a bit. Hopefully here, we are all smart enough to use a bit of common sense when offing up information. This forum seems to be a different, more mature group, so I'm hoping it's not an issue that I would have to ask a mod to update a post to keep the poster safe.

All the being said, the google map is up-to-date again.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I'm in the SF Bay Area...Have a room, garage & tools. Not to mention the greatest roads and that big blue thing, the Pacific ocean:D

1 - 20 of 125 Posts