Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bear with me here, my Versys is parked for the Winter and I'm looking for things to do...

I was flipping through a gallery of photos on-line showing old LEGO sets. Suddenly I found one that I used to have when I was a kid:

Since all my old LEGO still exisits in the big bin my kids still play with, I thought we could do a father-son project and put this set together. This is the "Parts Bin" we had to search through:

We discovered the "elevator" piece for the rocket was broken, so we substituted with a newer one in red. Other than that, we pretty much got it all together by finding the original parts. I figure this set has not been fully assembled, as designed, for over 30 years.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I love Lego's too. My mom gave all my old Lego's to my younger cousin when I went off to boot camp. I was pissed. I now wish I had them so I could share with my children. These newer sets are darn expensive. My 13 yr old son was into them a few years back and of course he wanted all of the Star Wars and Halo sets. Some of them are well over $200.

As a kid, I enjoyed all of the space stuff and the "City" stuff. I also had a cool set that made a large car where the steering wheel turned the front wheels.

·
Premium Member
16,110 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
lego digital designer

I used to have a lot of lego and gave it away when I was "growing out of it". and am kicking myself now when you see the prices.

There's a online building set you can download called lego digital designer that has every block available, you can build and then make the building plans after the fact as well.

An easy way to relive your child hood....lol

http://ldd.lego.com/en-us/download/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts