Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,

I need a confirmation, from someone that has / had access to the turn relay signal (I am on a business trip, away form my Versys :( )

Is it a 2 wires / pin piece similar to this?

When I have purchased my bike it had the turn signals changed already to LEDs (this model) but the blinking speed is just amazing (2 times per second I'd say). I searched the forum and found that a good solution would be to have the relay changed but I'm not sure if this one would be compatible ...

so ... :feedback:
and many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
687 Posts
It is a 2 wire device like the one in your link. I have one on my bike, got it from "Custom LED". It slows down the flashing to normal rate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@ Mt. Versuvius > thanks for the fast reply. Is that (white) plug useful in any way, does it match the plug on the bike's electric wiring? I'm referring to the one I posted a link in the first post.

I'm asking because it would be easier for me to purchase something like this. In the end, I believe that the two items do the same thing - I'd go for the one which requires minimum intervention on the electric circuitry ...

I want to remind you that I did not open (yet) any covers from my Versys (the cowling buzz is one of the issues I have to solve, and together with it, this light-speed blinking).

·
Registered
687 Posts
I think you're going to find it's plug and play with the device in your first post. Looks like it fits a wide array of Japanese bikes. You'll just have to fab a little metal clip to hang it on the hanger beneath the fairing panel. I cut a small piece of galvanized sheet metal, used electrical tape to fasten it to the device and then bent it over so it looks like a money clip. (The OEM device has a built in clip.) Easy peasy, you'll see.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
solved

gents, problem solved.

The relay from Louis worked like a charm. I had to adjust the couplings (I guess this is how they're called) and the attachment is a bit different from the original relay but it all worked out in the end.

At least I have a normal blinking speed now ...

I can post some pictures if anyone is interested.

@ admins: topic can be closed.:closed:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
correction

OK,

I agree. I restate my support with pictures and electric & mechanical advice, if needed / requested by someone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts