Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 1st Versys 650. The previous owner just put LED directional bulbs in it. They stay on for a long time before ever blinking. I was wondering if anyone knew the correct size bulbs for a 2009 650 ? I just want them to work properly.

Premium Member
Why bother. For about $4 you can convert the flasher so any bulb will work. Please state what model year your bike is.

Reactions: 1Scorpion

Premium Member
A couple short points. First if they are quality, they should output more lumens than the original. My 2015 is 100 % led everything. I think the flasher is on the left side by the tip over switch but I don't remember.
The biggest problem with the 2009 is the plastic removal and installation. I used locktite on everything, so before installing I would chase all the threads. Second thing, start all the screws by hand, several at the front are on a angle and easy to cross thread.

Early LED signal lights had resistors in them to compensate for the low current draw, talk about defeating the purpose!
So the OEM flasher is designed to flash at a rate equivalent to the current draw of 2 or 4 signal lights, with just 0ne working the flash rate will be very fast, which tells you have a bulb out. I was taught that before I started out on my service truck, I was required to do a walk around and do a vehicle report before I drove away. I do that before every trip on the Versys.
I would never convert back to incandescent bulbs. Have any question feel free to ask, or send a private message.

Reactions: 1Scorpion
1 - 5 of 5 Posts