Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's nice to be back, been away from the forum for quite some time..

I know there are a bunch of threads about LED headlight bulbs and lots of different experiences, concerns about beam pattern, reflectors, lumens, power draw, etc. A cursory search didn't turn up anything newer than about 3 years.

I'm wondering, where are things currently with replacing the halogen with LED bulbs on a Gen 2 Versys? I'm mostly interested in getting a longer lifespan. Changing the bulbs on that bike is a PITA!

I came across these today, any thoughts?
2011 Kawasaki KLE650 Versys Headlight Bulb Low Beam H7 LED Kit

·
Registered
14 Posts
i used to have LEDs, but have reverted to Halogens. The light from LEDs just sprays without any focus. The OEM reflectors arent made for LEDs. Plus i try to keep my riding time limited to daylight hours.

·
Registered
365 Posts
The LED bulbs linked to are absolute crap, based on their design. Look for LED bulbs that position the emitters in the same position as a filament would be in an incandescent bulb.

Also, don’t look for application specific bulbs. All you need to search for is H7 bulbs. I’ve used Safego bulbs in the past, and now run Car Rover bulbs H7 LED Headlight Bulb, CAR ROVER... H7 LED Headlight Bulb, CAR ROVER 100W High Power 20, 000LM Extremely Bright 6000K CSP Chips Conversion Kit Adjustable Beam (Pack of 2), Headlight Bulbs - Amazon Canada
Great beam pattern and very bright. They make auxiliary lights redundant.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
Kawasaki Versys 2019 ABS
171 Posts
It's nice to be back, been away from the forum for quite some time..

I know there are a bunch of threads about LED headlight bulbs and lots of different experiences, concerns about beam pattern, reflectors, lumens, power draw, etc. A cursory search didn't turn up anything newer than about 3 years.

I'm wondering, where are things currently with replacing the halogen with LED bulbs on a Gen 2 Versys? I'm mostly interested in getting a longer lifespan. Changing the bulbs on that bike is a PITA!

I came across these today, any thoughts?
2011 Kawasaki KLE650 Versys Headlight Bulb Low Beam H7 LED Kit
Just check this from me:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts