Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm thinking of changing the stock headlight to an LED headlight on my 2009 650 Versys. I know there's a lot of threads about how to do it, but I didn't find much about what bulb to use.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I've ordered the same light that 52degrees listed. We'll see how the install goes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the info. I've ordered the same light that 52degrees listed. We'll see how the install goes.
I just installed the same LED headlight to my 2019 Versys 650 sunday. it was pretty simple process. If you want any pictures. I have afew that might help with the install

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just installed the same LED headlight to my 2019 Versys 650 sunday. it was pretty simple process. If you want any pictures. I have afew that might help with the install
Thanks. My LED lights won't get to me until Saturday. Until then I get to check amazon 100 times

·
Registered
12 Posts
With the rubber housing that covers the back of the regular bulb, is there enough space for heat dissipation with these LED conversion headlights?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With the rubber housing that covers the back of the regular bulb, is there enough space for heat dissipation with these LED conversion headlights?
I just pushed mine inside out for now. They fit, but I'm not sure about the air flow in there. I broke my collar bone back in March and I'm still waiting on the all clear from the DR to say I can go ride again.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also had to make some wire adapters to connect the mini plug to the factory plug. I should have taken pics, but I was in a hurry to finish the install.

·
Premium Member
9,056 Posts
Click on the link, I have photos of my install, that boot is cut out, have a look. I was given those by another member, so I have the original ones, I took a close up photo of the spring clip that needs modifying using heat, you need to be quick and have done this before, needle nose pliers and I used MAP gas.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I installed this after some research about compatibility, luminescence etc.

Both rubber cups had to be cut with a small aperture to permit the hot air from the exhaust fan to vent out. Then, the whole thing was prone to water ingestion in India's torrential monsoon. So, I fitted a silicone cup cake mould over the rubber cup. First, changed the orientation of the bulb so that the power cord was facing south. Then glue gunned the rubber cup to the mounting flange. Next, glue dgunned the cup cake mould to the rubber cup. Lastly, wound a zip tie tightly around the whole contraption so that it stays firm.

The third foto shows the first trial with the zip ties on the rubber cup itself. Didn't work, so wound them around the mould cup with a single long one than 3 separate ones connected together, like in the last foto.

Today, after work, I'll ride around for some time with both beams on and check the heat generation and the, punch in small holes on the lower part of the silicone cup to vent the heat even better.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Reactions: quexpress
1 - 15 of 15 Posts