Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
161 - 167 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
this thread got really complicated. I don't get this thing about battery draining. I tried many LED bulbs, but they all are too bulky and there is complication to fit them through the cover seal and to use the stock bulb spring. I found these recently. I am surprised than no other company came up with this idea. So easy to fit and the beam is great.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D6NK9LT?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

·
Premium Member
9,455 Posts
this thread got really complicated. I don't get this thing about battery draining. I tried many LED bulbs, but they all are too bulky and there is complication to fit them through the cover seal and to use the stock bulb spring. I found these recently. I am surprised than no other company came up with this idea. So easy to fit and the beam is great.

I am assuming by your post you have these installed?? As to thread complicated, everything is complicated if you don't understand *** ask away, there are no stupid questions. I respond to all questions.

Also you mention the beam is great, what model year is your bike , because no LED bulb will give a great beam in a 2015 or newer, that is impossible

As to mounting, You need to cut through the boot for these as well, also I don't see a driver for them and does the mounting ring come off?? FYI please go back to post 146, I updated that post, and the spring mounting is original with a slight modification to how it hooks in. My Osram night breaker bulbs will fit directly in if needed.
Here is one of the photos from that post, with the SafeGo socket mounted

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I am assuming by your post you have these installed?? As to thread complicated, everything is complicated if you don't understand *** ask away, there are no stupid questions. I respond to all questions.

Also you mention the beam is great, what model year is your bike , because no LED bulb will give a great beam in a 2015 or newer, that is impossible

As to mounting, You need to cut through the boot for these as well, also I don't see a driver for them and does the mounting ring come off?? FYI please go back to post 146, I updated that post, and the spring mounting is original with a slight modification to how it hooks in. My Osram night breaker bulbs will fit directly in if needed.
Here is one of the photos from that post, with the SafeGo socket mounted
ok, thanks, so what is this electrical draining that you guys refer to? I always fit LED bulbs and it is just plug and play.

And you are right, the beam is not amazing in the new models. And I do have have the newest model. but it is still better than with other bulbs that I fitted. And believe me, I tried many. I am sure there some better bulbs out there, especially the high-end ones, but what I like about Auxito above all is how simple and compact is the design.

I don't drive so much in the night, so I use LED bulbs for better visibility. and they illuminate the road still better than the Halogen ones, and consume less power.

At times I use both beams at the same time. I made the high beam work as low beam, and if I need high beam, I switch on the D4 denali lights. Interestingly enough, the high beam adjusted to its lowest position works much better than the low beam itself. Also it is much more visible during daytime. The other day, I was looking at the mirrors as my friend drove my V bike behind me, and the low beam was very pale compared to the high beam. the high beam has much more focused light.

As to the fitment of the Auxito bulbs, no bending of the spring should be required; the spring bending can be a pain. the reason that in Versys one has to bent/modify the spring with most of the LED bulbs on the market is that they are very wide at the bottom side, so when you try to squeeze them in through the rubber, you put pressure on the spring which then unclips.

the way the spring is attached is also very fragile, just with a tiny screw and some kind of weak alloy where it enters (they should at least use a bolt, as you can easily strip the part where the screw enters); a stupid design if you ask me. Once, while bending the clip in V1000, I had an unfortunate experience where the whole thing broke! I had to buy a new headlight assembly :(

If you have the OEM rubber covers, the ones without a hole in the middle, you should be able to plug the bulb directly, same as the Halogen one without cutting anything. But I personally use different cover seals, from Ninja (EX650EGF). I assume that having the middle open helps cooling, as the bulb comes with a tiny fan.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,455 Posts
ok, thanks, so what is this electrical draining that you guys refer to? I always fit LED bulbs and it is just plug and play.

And you are right, the beam is not amazing in the new models. And I do have have the newest model. but it is still better than with other bulbs that I fitted. And believe me, I tried many. I am sure there some better bulbs out there, especially the high-end ones, but what I like about Auxito above all is how simple and compact is the design.

I don't drive so much in the night, so I use LED bulbs for better visibility. and they illuminate the road still better than the Halogen ones, and consume less power.

At times I use both beams at the same time. I made the high beam work as low beam, and if I need high beam, I switch on the D4 denali lights. Interestingly enough, the high beam adjusted to its lowest position works much better than the low beam itself. Also it is much more visible during daytime. The other day, I was looking at the mirrors as my friend drove my V bike behind me, and the low beam was very pale compared to the high beam. the high beam has much more focused light.

As to the fitment of the Auxito bulbs, no bending of the spring should be required; the spring bending can be a pain. the reason that in Versys one has to bent/modify the spring with most of the LED bulbs on the market is that they are very wide at the bottom side, so when you try to squeeze them in through the rubber, you put pressure on the spring which then unclips.

the way the spring is attached is also very fragile, just with a tiny screw and some kind of weak alloy where it enters (they should at least use a bolt, as you can easily strip the part where the screw enters); a stupid design if you ask me. Once, while bending the clip in V1000, I had an unfortunate experience where the whole thing broke! I had to buy a new headlight assembly :(

If you have the OEM rubber covers, the ones without a hole in the middle, you should be able to plug the bulb directly, same as the Halogen one without cutting anything. But I personally use different cover seals, from Ninja (EX650EGF). I assume that having the middle open helps cooling, as the bulb comes with a tiny fan.
First, you are in the wrong thread. Below is the correct thread. But my very first post starts with this: Step #1 Before starting, a explanation as to headlight relay and parasitic drain. The electronics of the Polaris is designed for a keyed main power relay, the Versys has no such thing, the regulator has full battery voltage to it all the time . Since the design of the Polaris depends on correct polarity as to + - and the control of the output uses the same +, there is a conflict, as the Versys headlight uses one of the 3 phase outputs to trigger the headlight relay.

My very first series regulator the CompuFire and basically all series regulators are identical , a 0.38 amp draw approximately , is the headlight relay coil circuit which after about 5 days of non use will prevent starting, that is there will be insufficient energy left to start the bike.
Here is the link

Reactions: quexpress

·
Registered
27 Posts

I saw those and was wondering how they were. What gen is you Versys with them fitted? Honestly they are cheap too. How is the durability?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
First, you are in the wrong thread. Below is the correct thread. But my very first post starts with this: Step #1 Before starting, a explanation as to headlight relay and parasitic drain. The electronics of the Polaris is designed for a keyed main power relay, the Versys has no such thing, the regulator has full battery voltage to it all the time . Since the design of the Polaris depends on correct polarity as to + - and the control of the output uses the same +, there is a conflict, as the Versys headlight uses one of the 3 phase outputs to trigger the headlight relay.

My very first series regulator the CompuFire and basically all series regulators are identical , a 0.38 amp draw approximately , is the headlight relay coil circuit which after about 5 days of non use will prevent starting, that is there will be insufficient energy left to start the bike.
Here is the link

thank you for the explanation. A very complicated stuff! I do have voltmeter on my dashboard. so far, I did not have any issues. I have also V1000, 2016 model and no issues. But I really do not understand electronic stuff. But I know that in my Crf250, the light goes off when you start the bike, which seems like a very good idea.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I saw those and was wondering how they were. What gen is you Versys with them fitted? Honestly they are cheap too. How is the durability?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
i am not sure if the older gen had H7 or H4. but if they had H4, you can get H4, the one with three prongs. I cannot confirm durability of these bulbs because I got them just recently. They all have probably similar life span. I got in the past expensive LEDs from cyclops and two of them burnt very quickly. I just like the simple and compact design. I am sick of needing to twist the spring in all kind of manners in order to fit the common design LED bulbs with enormous backside :)

161 - 167 of 167 Posts