Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

LED conversion light bulb issues...

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  TheBigAl 
#1 ·
So I purchased Safego K8S H7 bulbs to replace both the low and high beem stock lights.

It is a bit tricky to get to the bulbs without taking the fairing off but I was able to get both bulbs off.

Now the issue I am facing is this:

The low beem works fine but the high beem does not light up at all. I tried switching, works fine either bulbs on the low beem but neither works on the high beems...

I am missing something?

Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 · (Edited)
Incandescent High Worked Before?

If as in the title, my first guess is the polarity of high beam is reversed. Have a look at the ground Black wire with Yellow tracer, see which side it is on , on low beam. It needs to be the same on high, LED lighting is polarity sensitive.

#3 ·
So I purchased Safego K8S H7 bulbs to replace both the low and high beem stock lights.

It is a bit tricky to get to the bulbs without taking the fairing off but I was able to get both bulbs off.

Now the issue I am facing is this:

The low beem works fine but the high beem does not light up at all. I tried switching, works fine either bulbs on the low beem but neither works on the high beems...

I am missing something?

Thanks in advance for any help.
If as in the title, my first guess is the polarity of high beam is reversed. Have a look at the ground Black wire with Yellow tracer, see which side it is on , on low beam. It needs to be the same on high, LED lighting is polarity sensitive.
Ok I'll check that out tomorrow morning, thanks.

Here's what I am trying to install:

Attachments

#7 ·
Well had to take the whole fairing off but I was able to get everything working. I love these lights, makes the bike look modern.
If you have time, explain what you found and post some photos, it may help others.
Well the hardest part is not loosing the small screws and washers as I took off the windscreen. Darn things are so small the always slip out of my fingers.

I found this video that really helped:

https://youtu.be/wHmOrvysGYM

So first is the windscreen, next the side panels. Then small black cover that goes around the speedo. Once that's off, the headlight comes off easily with 4 screws.

Now the hardest part was to fit the rubber boots over the much larger LED bulbs. Had to cut them to make it fit. Once fit, just put everything back together. I aslo put LED bulbs in the parking lights.

Very happy with the results. I know its an older bike but at least it modernises it.

Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.