Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone come across a company that makes gas tanks for the Versys with a larger capacity?
If so would it be available in Canada?

·
Registered
469 Posts
I don't know but there are a decent amount of companies that make auxiliary tanks that attach to the back of the seat area as an extra tank that feeds into your gas line.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That might be a better idea anyway, wouldn't have to modify the plastic or anything. Do you have any links or company names?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Just remember, a larger gas tank may affect the ergonomics of the seating position.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'm curious, why the extra gas? I look forward to just stopping, getting off the bike, filling up and off again every 150 miles. It is just enough to "refresh" me.

I can understand needing the bigger tank due to going through an area with no stations, but that means just strapping a gas can on somehow. Or, if you're doing the Iron Butt and time is important not to stop.

Anyway, I'm sure you have an agenda.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I have piss quite often (kidney stones), I would just rather to not have to worry about finding a gas station. I forget what company it was but their slogan was something to the effect of not letting gas stations dictate their destinations. I've been reading a few books lately like Ted Simon's 'dreaming of Jupiter' and Che's 'motorcycle diaries'. So though it won't be in the immediate future I would love to do a South America trip, maybe throw in North America's coasts. I would like to travel up to the Yukon too (which is more realistic).

·
Registered
429 Posts
I've also been filling up around 1/2 empty just to take a break and stretch out.

I'm so pissed I forgot my camera today, saw so many beautiful sites, hopefully I'll be able to remember how to retrace my route.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats always the way man, I forget my camera all the time. One of the things I love about this bike is that you can stand up and ride for a while, then you don't have to stop as much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts