Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a large tailbag to use on my Versys 650. I would really prefer not to use twin saddle bags, as they will require mounting hardware. I may change my mind in the future about the mounting hardware, but for now I'd prefer to skip it. It looks like it has what I'm looking for. But I'd throw this out to the forum in case someone has experience that I don't. Comments welcome.

I'm looking at this: SW Motech drybag 700

https://www.amazon.com/SW-MOTECH-Drybag-Waterproof-70-Liter-Luggage/dp/B072C3TP5S#customerReviews

It looks like it's held on with three straps...quick release, and you're off.

And it looks like this model bag is part of their system that allows you to clip on smaller bags on top...should I ever want to carry more.

Here's a video of it.

·
Premium Member
16,191 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information about Saddlemens Bags. While not a 'dry bag', they do have other features that are appealing. Having several compartments are nice. However, the overall storage capacity of the of the Saddlemens TS3200 is less than the SW Motech I'm looking at. (and I always wonder, will I really need all that room?)

·
Premium Member
16,191 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,433 Posts
...However, the overall storage capacity of the of the Saddlemens TS3200 is less than the SW Motech I'm looking at. (and I always wonder, will I really need all that room?)
I do a LOT of long-rides, saddle-bags PLUS a "dry-bag" w/ tent, etc on a rack I made up - and MORE room can be VG!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do a LOT of long-rides, saddle-bags PLUS a "dry-bag" w/ tent, etc on a rack I made up - and MORE room can be VG!
I'm keeping that in mind. I do like the idea of working my way up to enough stuff where I can also fit a small tent, small sleeping bag, and my new best friend: Therm-a-Rest (self inflating sleeping pad) I'm too old to lay on hard ground.

·
Super Moderator
19,433 Posts
...I do like the idea of working my way up to enough stuff where I can also fit a small tent....
NOT TOO small - MY tent is a three-man PTARMIGAN (or maybe a two-man...?), and I bring ALL my gear inside each night, in case I need something OR in case it starts raining, so I can 'gear-up' while dry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts