Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
If it was the fuel pump, it would happen above 4000 RPM and under hard acceleration- as to leaking, when the fuel line is removed from the tank? I get about 2 oz come out when doing a valve shim.
The tip-over switch has been found to be a problem more so on MK-3 and generally related to being outside in rain, repeatedly. The thing is, it disables the stick coils, fuel pump and injectors and generally latches.

Read this thread-
You know what's funny about this you talking about this sensor and getting wet? Rode through monsoon once the bike seemed like it was just running on one cylinder it was so bad that I actually had to park it then next day so yeah I wonder? I have been through quite a lot of deep puddles and I have driven through some serious rain and that was one of the reasons I went through all the connectors and put the grease in there. Definitely going to check it.

Premium Member
You know what's funny about this you talking about this sensor and getting wet? Rode through monsoon once the bike seemed like it was just running on one cylinder it was so bad that I actually had to park it then next day so yeah I wonder? I have been through quite a lot of deep puddles and I have driven through some serious rain and that was one of the reasons I went through all the connectors and put the grease in there. Definitely going to check it.
read that thread, a 2011, my second post nailed it, it took two mechanics 6 hours to diagnose the faulty sensor-the issue is it is something like a square wave output. From my other thread;
Since the ECU is looking for a positive 3.55 to 4.45 VDC input.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I made like so bad in the rain that
read that thread, a 2011, my second post nailed it, it took two mechanics 6 hours to diagnose the faulty sensor-the issue is it is something like a square wave output. From my other thread;
Since the ECU is looking for a positive 3.55 to 4.45 VDC input.
Yeah I did read that whole thread pretty interesting ended up being a fuel pump in the end but could also be the tip over sensor if it's only 30 bucks I might as well just replace it I mean the bike is almost 10 years old now it wouldn't hurt.... it's probably not necessary but I'm okay with throwing some cheap parts at it. I have the 700 page manual for it so I will look into the wiring for that sensor see if I can just jump it temporarily 馃槵

Registered
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Well just an update on this piece of garbage I've replaced the fuel injectors did the valve job I think I mentioned that already and put a new stator and rectifier in it now it just totally doesn't work under 4,000 RPM whatsoever misfires stalls various times doesn't idle. I keep thinking the TPS sensor even though power commander says it's okay I'm not believing it I don't know what else controls idle like that.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts