Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello from North Idaho, so glad I’m back on a motorcycle and have chosen the 2018 Versys 650. It’s is a beautiful bike and I can’t wait to make some subtle changes to the functionality of it and looking forward to reading a lot of you’all’s input, I’ll be a good listener I promise .

I’ve been lurking here for a bit reading on your forum and have learned a lot. Thanks for everybody’s input.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After much deliberation of which bike to get and knowing I can’t own 4 of them this year, I did a bit of bouncing around.

Started with the Versys 650, then back towards heavyweight sport touring like my last one (Concourse 14). Even went so far as getting another cruiser in the form of Honda VTX 1800. ....Backpedaled to the V650 and couldn’t be happier.

Found an ‘18 in white, slightly used with 768 miles on her and cut a deal for $6479 OTD, no bags yet.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Do some reading on this forum about bags before you buy. Lots of options and opinions!

·
Premium Member
16,156 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks folks, and will do plenty or reading on stuff before having remorse.

Cool thing already,,,, my C14 fender extender that I never installed fit on the V with a little tweaking, cutting and patience.😉

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
After much deliberation of which bike to get and knowing I can’t own 4 of them this year, I did a bit of bouncing around.

Started with the Versys 650, then back towards heavyweight sport touring like my last one (Concourse 14).
I had a 2012 Connie 14. Great high speed long range bike but was too heavy for me. Really ate tires too.

Like you I love my V-650.

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had a 2012 Connie 14. Great high speed long range bike but was too heavy for me. Really ate tires too.

Like you I love my V-650.

Welcome aboard.
Thanks all for the welcome, I’ll be more safe on the V than the Connie14. That bike was fun and fast, it didn’t come into it’s element till you hit 60 mph.

These roads in North Idaho aren’t really made for going 70+, too many bumps and undulations.

Ok, now to narrow down the accessories list so as to spend the extra grand I have squirled away from the wife:laugh2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts