Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously considering a new Versys 1000. I currently own two bikes, 2008 Honda Goldwing and a 1998 Kawasaki Concours. I bought the wing after renting one on a vacation with the wife. She said she would ride more if we had one. She doesn't and it sits most of the time. I still prefer my Connie. Two major trips this year, Canada and North Carolina-Tennessee. I found this site to find out the pros and cons of the Versys. Thanks for letting me join in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome rabbott5. Go for a test ride. I need say no more. :smile2:
I test road the 650, my local dealer was out of stock on the 1000. I was pretty happy with the 650. I haven't ridden a twin for a while and for me it just wasn't smooth like a 4. It's getting late in the riding season, so I'll dream and research more and try one in the spring.

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
The 1000 would be more suited to you if you're so used to riding 6's & 4's, & knowing the roads in Illinois, the best thing I could say about them is they get you from A to B!!!!:wink2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm 300 miles into break-in on a '15 V1000. The Concours and FJR were front-runners for my next ride, until this bike showed up on US shores. This was a natural fit for me coming from a Ninja 1000: same engine, de-tuned for torque, slipper clutch and ABS added. It is lighter than both Concours and FJR, and doesn't pretend to be an adventure bike (classic sportbike configuration: 120 front/ 180 rear). On paper, it will run 11 second 1/4 miles.. Cheers!

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
I know they haven't sold the 1000cc V in any great numbers, but I can't remember ever seeing a 2nd hand one for sale.......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 1000 would be more suited to you if you're so used to riding 6's & 4's, & knowing the roads in Illinois, the best thing I could say about them is they get you from A to B!!!!:wink2:
Don't forget, we only have two seasons. Winter and construction.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I am seriously considering a new Versys 1000. I currently own two bikes, 2008 Honda Goldwing and a 1998 Kawasaki Concours. I bought the wing after renting one on a vacation with the wife. She said she would ride more if we had one. She doesn't and it sits most of the time. I still prefer my Connie. Two major trips this year, Canada and North Carolina-Tennessee. I found this site to find out the pros and cons of the Versys. Thanks for letting me join in.
OMG another Illinoisan!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts