Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked in the owners manual and service manual, and find no listing for the bulbs needed. Am I overlooking something? :confused:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Go to the sticky " all the v manuals...."( in the technical forum) The service manual will surely have your answer!!
I downloaded it to my desktop...very handy! and free!

·
Registered
364 Posts
I just searched through the PDF manual and didn't find it in there, strange.
I did a search for H7 and 'bulb' and looked through and couldnt find the answer.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't need to replace any, yet. I'd just like to know the info before hand.

·
Registered
162 Posts
It's an H7. I'm currently trying one of PIAA's higher output.

It is brighter, but they claim life will be shorter.

Maloy

·
Registered
582 Posts
The bulb ratings are on page 18 of the service manual, but I did not find a bulb# anywhere. It would of been nice to have a list of these.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
It's an H7. I'm currently trying one of PIAA's higher output.

It is brighter, but they claim life will be shorter.

Maloy
Osram's Hyper H7 clear 65 watt bulb (bigger H9 burner on H7 base) from their high-wattage rally and professional offroad bulb line offers 2100 lumens (brightness) and a 500 hour life, compared to:
1780 lumens, 340 hours for the Osram Night Breaker with slight blue tint.
1750 lumens, 350 hours for the Osram Silverstar (not Sylvania) also with slight blue tint.
1620 lumens, 200 hours for Philips X-treme Power H7.

(Standard H7: 55w, 1500 lumens, 500 hours)

I got a pair of the awesome Osram Hyper (Clear) H7 for $21 each plus $8 shipping to Canada from: http://www.suvlights.com/advanced_search_result.php?osCsid=add205fa7c23361f8a7b8cf5eb003ebc&keywords=h7&osCsid=add205fa7c23361f8a7b8cf5eb003ebc :thumb:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Are the Osram Hyper H7 bulb too bright so they might blind oncoming traffic? Do you them on your Versys?

I'd like to get brighter bulbs too but have been afraid that these might be too bright. I do like the combined brightness and long life. Usually you have to choose one or the other.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
I have the Osram Hyper H7 65W on both low and high beam, and I love them a lot. Much brighter than stock and they last as long. The low beam doesn't blind oncoming traffic as it's properly aimed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts