Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I tried a Laminarlip add-on windscreen attachment for my 2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300. I wanted to see what it looked like and how it functioned as a wind blast controller.
It is made by Laminarlip. Their website is found at Laminarlip.com. They had not posted a photo of the “Lip” on their website when I visited, so I volunteered to be the guinea pig and post a photo.
Attached you can view the photo of the “Lip” on my gray 2017 VX300.
Since I’m not an expert on ‘Lips” you should contact LaminarLip with any questions or pricing information. :wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts
You stated that you purchased the lip to see what it looked like and how it functioned as a wind blast controller.. The photo lets us know how it looks. I guess you are going to leave it to our imagination as to how well it performs.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not tested yet

I haven’t had a chance to evaluate the effectiveness of the “Lip”!
When I get some time I’ll give it an on the road test.
PCG

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CA200,
The screen looks nice. How much taller than the stock screen is California Scientific screen when it’s mounted?
I’ll have to visit their website and check out the options.
Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
74 Posts
That's the medium size and it is about 4-5" taller. They show all the # on their web page
but don't list what the OEM size is.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have one too...and took it off. Let me know how you like yours. Mine was just OK, I was a bit disappointed. And the darn thing is big as a show shovel, it took some getting used to. It also hit the hand guards. I now have my original shield back on, moved up past the top thumb screws to hold it on, no problems. A good compromise. Check out my facebook page for pics and mods.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had the Laminar Lip on a couple of bikes and really liked it. Please tell us how you like it when you get a chance to ride? They work great on some bikes and just ok on others. I had great luck with the 2 bikes i used it on.

I planned on getting the puig screen or the CalSi windshield that is pictured above. I like a quiet ride so I usually get a taller screen and have also installed the Lip as well.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CA200,
Thanks for the numbers. With the height numbers you supplied I can apply it to all 3 sizes of the CS tall windshields and know what size to purchase for my height on my bike. Very helpful.
PCG

·
Registered
104 Posts
CA200,

Would you mind giving your height and inseam? This way some of us can compare your height with the screen height.

Pismocycleguy,

I hope you don't think I am hi-jacking your thread but since you asked about the height I thought it would be ok to ask another question.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JeffR!1234,
Ask any questions, or add any comments you like. I’m not concerned about protecting any Thread that I might start. This Forum is about sharing and learning about the Versys Motorcycles.
PCG

·
Registered
74 Posts
JeffR1234 I am 5'8" 29" inseam 175 lbs. 69 yrs.old. I won't be able try out the windshield
till spring. If you look at the pic. you may have noticed my bike is stored. Spring comes very late to Wis. . It 0 when I got up this morning.

·
Registered
104 Posts
JeffR!1234,
Ask any questions, or add any comments you like. I’m not concerned about protecting any Thread that I might start. This Forum is about sharing and learning about the Versys Motorcycles.
PCG
PCG,

Thanks for letting me chime in.

CA200,

Thanks for the stats. I think I will need to order the large since I'm 6' with a taller torso. I know what you mean by the cold winters. I'm from Illinois and when younger lived up in Antioch, right on the Wisconsin border. Hope you get a warm week or 2 before spring sets in so you can ride.

btw, is it a pretty simple process to change out the screens. It looks easy by the pictures I have seen.

·
Registered
74 Posts
CS send a complete set new hardware and some spray and wipe. Also sent a TP gauge with
their name on it. Cool--

1 - 14 of 14 Posts