Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I walked into work on Monday only to be met by the business manager with a pink slip. I work in residential architecture. I'm not totally surprised, we have had very little to do lately. :( I went to work on Friday and had nothing to draw or design on the entire day. So they lay me off and try to say I did this and that or didn't do this and that so they have to let me go. Now, i've worked for this firm for 15 of the last 17 years, and now they don't like my work? Seems like they're issue with my work coincided nicely with us not having any work to do!!!! They just don't want to pay their portion of the unemployment, so that will be a fight. :mad: Nice.

Well, I guess the upside is that I'll have more time to work on my bike. I've got a few farkles laying about that need installing.

Having said that, I need a GIG!! If anyone needs help in the North Texas area give me a shout. I'm not proud, I'll do just about anything and I was considering a career change before this anyway.

I know it's off topic for a Versys forum, but I just needed to vent somewhere. I also figured that in the event someone needed help I might get lucky. You never know.....

Thanks

·
Registered
312 Posts
Sorry to hear about your situation. Good luck in finding something.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Layoffs

Sorry to hear about your career situation. I work for a large Architectural/Engineering firm here in Michigan, and we started laying people off last week. It looks like I'm safe for now, but you never know in this business, eh? Luckily I still have a project to work on, but others in my department are not so lucky. Just remember - every setback is temporary, and can be used as a springboard to new opportunities and adventures.

Good Luck,

·
Registered
139 Posts
If they dismissed you based on performance, it's not the same as "laying off" If they lay you off, they automaticlally owe you a severance for your time there, if they are trying to use Dismissal with Cause, instead of a layoff to get out of their responsibilities towards you, and they more or less made up the "cause", nail 'em to the wall by their nuts! You'll likely end up with more than you would 've if you just got layed off. Wrongful or constructive dismissal is a strong case! Good luck!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I feel your pain and wish you good luck in the hunt. I was laid off twice in the past 8 months and I am in sales which was once thought to be the last to go. These days it seems as though as soon as the economy blips negative they trim everywhere. It is wise for anyone to keep thier loyality paycheck to paycheck as that is what you have from employers these days, keep your loyality to you and the family.
Can't say any of it's right or wrong it's just the way it is!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sorry to hear about your work situation! Seems to be the norm these days....Good Luck in finding a better gig in short order!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts