Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For the 3rd year in a row, I'll be riding from San Diego to Monterey to the MotoGP race at Laguna Seca. I have 4 nights of camping on Fox Hill. If any other Versys riders are going to be out there, let me know...We'll have a drink or 10. Our camping spot has the best seat in the house. I have yet to see another Versys up there.

·
Registered
371 Posts
My Daughter & i were thinking on riding down from Alberta for this ..what is the total cost or what is the best package to book ???? and best place to camp ???

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This year it's taking place the weekend of July25th. We like to get there on Thursday so we can get our usual spot. We camp on Fox Hill, which is motorcycle-only camping. I just buy the $90 3-day pass, a Paddock pass, and then the 3-day camping (which includes an extra pass for a "support" bike). Total cost I think is right around $200, plus whatever you spend on food, merchandise, etc...

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I will be there one week from right now (Thursday morning through Monday morning)....Fox Hill. My Versys will be parked right there at the farthest SouthWest "tip" of the hill....We're usually the last camp site before you head down the hill to the actual track....Anyone else from here going to be there? If so, stop by and say hello. I think we have the overall best seat in the house for the actual races......

·
Registered
94 Posts
We were there on Fox Hill in '07, '08, and '09 - this year, we weren't there for the races, but we bicycled the track on Wednesday. :)

I did get to meet Mr. Edwards and his kids, which I didn't the other years I went.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Nice pics, nice coverage of the event.

I was over at Chaparral campground on the south west end of the complex. Very nice facility, great vantage point up on the bank with easy ups, chairs, and binocs.

Rode up and back solo and was surprised at what a fun ride I had. Rode all the twisties up and back.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We should hook up next year. Either for part of the ride up, at the track or both. By then I'll have my nice new painted V....

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The BEST site on Fox Hill (in our opinion). Got there Thursday around 10:00am and there was already another couple guys checking our spot, so we hightailed it straight to our tree and claimed it. Next year it's 7:00am on the hill. Thursday is AWESOME to hang out down in the pits.......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts