Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While riding a sweeping lefter on M-22 @70, my Zumo 660 came off my mounting bracket (due to me not clicking the unit to the bracket all the way). The unit still works, however it is all scratched up and the top bezel is scratched.

I wrote an email to Garmin asking if it is possible to replace the shell. Garmin wrote back and told me to just send in the unit for a replacement. So, I am out a couple bucks and some time and getting a replacement free of charge even though I am responsible for the damage.

I am sure the unit will probably be a refurb... but I am impressed none the less.

:thumb: Garmin!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
thats great - ive found garmin to be really helpful when it comes to that kind of stuff. (hope they hang on to that attribute) :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
18,983 Posts
My StreetPilot 2610 "departed" my KLR onto pavement at 60 MPH, because the little piece at the back that the mount uses to attach to, broke off. It's pretty scratched up (but works when I attach it to 110v with the home set-up) so I called them to see whether I could get a new case (or just the broken mounting bit). :goodluck:
They said to send it back (with $100) and they'll send me a 'new' one. :thumb:
P.D.G. customer service to me, TOO! :thanx:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts