Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Honestly, should of requested that they did not use glue. I trusted this shop because they always do good work. Eh, well, live and learn. Thankful that they work awesome now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
There was no need for them to use the glue especially on the throttle side. Mine were so tight getting on even using soapy water i had to use a mallet and big socket to get the throttle side on once past the halfway point...
Me TOO!

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
So I'm comparing these to the Oxford's. Oxford specifies in their description that you can replace the grip part when they wear out.
1. Is it possible to do the same with the Koso Apollos?
2. Is wearing out the grips even a thing (as in a concern over a certain average mileage) or is that a marketing scheme from Oxford?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have them on my '15 650, I damaged one and after contacting Koso, you can not get just one grip.
I have not seen any wear issue.

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
So I'm comparing these to the Oxford's. Oxford specifies in their description that you can replace the grip part when they wear out.
1. Is it possible to do the same with the Koso Apollos?
2. Is wearing out the grips even a thing (as in a concern over a certain average mileage) or is that a marketing scheme from Oxford?

Have had mine on since 2016 still look new......

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
I have them on my '15 650, I damaged one and after contacting Koso, you can not get just one grip.
I have not seen any wear issue.
Have you thought about posting a query on several motorcycle forums (mentioning WHICH side you need) to see if someone else has damaged the OTHER side so you two could "share a pair"...?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts