Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I moved out to Oahu a year and half ago and shipped my Versys out with me. I mainly use it commute to work now. Due to the Hawaiian Style speed limits around the island, I've yet to find a 'spirited' twisty ride. Does anyone know of any? I've heard the big island has some amazing rides...

Thanks Forumers

·
Premium Member
7,772 Posts
I am on the other side of the universe and cant help much with your ride , but you can use goggle maps to map your rides or find locations that you want to ride. I always find my route and rides using goggle maps.

:goodluck: and be safe.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I rented bikes on Oahu and the Big Island. Oahu was so crammed with tourists that it was hard to find roads you could really enjoy. Having said that, if you can get out before traffic the coastal road on the quiet side was enjoyable. You’re right about the Big Island, amazing roads and scenery. There are also more places to ride on the Big Island. Good luck finding some great rides.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Maui rides

If you can get over to Maui, there are lots of good roads. I've done all of them in a car. Including the no go roads, according to the car rental companies. I've actually done all the islands completely by car and there are islands which are more picturesque than exciting as far as a good ride goes. The backside of the road to hana is lightly travelled and the road around the southwest mountain on maui (also lightly travelled) are good. These are one lane roads through the mountainous areas in some spots.

Some of the more exciting roads are not in great condition in spots, so renting a harley is not the best option if you have a choice.

·
Registered
433 Posts
If you can get over to Maui, there are lots of good roads.
Back in March I rented an FZ6R in Maui and when I went to pick it up the agent said the bike was on the other side of the island and it was my fault because I didn't call and confirm or use their website. I explained to him that I did in fact use their website and it had a link to Eagle Rider so I used their site to book my rental. Nowhere on their site did it state to call or book directly through them. They eventually became very apologetic and said I could take one of the other bikes they had which were all Harley's, told them I wasn't interested. Claimed they could get the bike later in the week but I was leaving in a few days. They did try to make it right so that was appreciated. Hope to ride Maui someday as Greenmonster wrote, there are some good roads and sights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts