Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Been away for a while, focusing on school. Got a few med school interviews in the next few weeks, so just checking in.

Received some knock-off Hippo Hands, but they're terrible. I'll be posting the pictures soon. Still getting used to my iPad - it's gonna take me a while.
They're extraordinarily large. At least, to me.
They cost $30, plus a shipping rip-off. And the construction is just pathetic. So, I wouldn't suggest buying the knock-offs.
Amazon linky: http://www.amazon.com/PR-HANDLEBAR-MITTS-SPORTS-SM-16307/dp/B000UK5RZI/ref=pd_ys_iyr2

So far, the Versys has saved me over $1200 in university parking fees! I think that's pretty substantial. It definitely helped, as a single ticket to one interview is costing me $700 (to Missouri). I still have to go to Maine, Colorado, and Georgia.
Wish i could just ride the Versys there, and camp out on the lawn....:D

Pictures incoming.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I can remember the days (unlike now) when a traffic ticket didn't cost a weeks salary. These days, whenever I hear about any local government's budget problems I think "Don't blame me...you've got plenty of my money!"

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sorry about the multiple posts. As i said, still getting used to the iPad.
Freakishly huge handlebar mitts:

That's just one of them. And the construction material is that cheap, ultra-thin nylon. That stuff that rips so bad, and single-stitched. I seriously think the box they came in is built better!

A rack I built in the fall:
(combo lock is for my Motoport. I just thread it through the pocket and run to class.)

Holds really well.

Pics of my Givi box and reflector tape ideas in a minute. Gotta go pick up my suit.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I can remember the days (unlike now) when a traffic ticket didn't cost a weeks salary. These days, whenever I hear about any local government's budget problems I think "Don't blame me...you've got plenty of my money!"
I go to two universities at the same time, so that's why the large fees.

Bonus is that I get to park right next to the doors, by the bike rack. Instead of 1/2 a mile away, and running to class.
Professors snub their noses, like I'm a renegade "biker dude". But what do I care... I'm always at the top of the class, they can think what they want.

(Idiot neighbor's stupid Tahoe in the background. Still hasn't moved out to the trailer park. Credit card companies must be slacking, nowadays.
Got him kicked off the volunteer fire dept for beating his girlfriend on the front lawn. So, now he just sits at the front door, smoking cigarettes all day and stealing the gas out of my Blazer at night.)

Givi box: I think it's the 35 liter. Works great. Covered in GlowCat's reflective tape.

More tape that GlowCat gave me: (Taken without flash - try to find the green strips.)

A fork seal protector I jerry-rigged from a sheet of craft store foam and velcro:
(The velco's the white strip that you can barely see. Many, many miles without a problem.)

Vista Cruise thingie: Comes in handy on cold mornings. You guys have already seen this before.
(I never remember to trim the excess Grip Puppies off.)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hey Wladziu, I like what you have done, nice rack system, good idea on the on the protecters for the fork seals. I also like how you used that reflective material, nice job especially what you did with the green reflective :thumb:

·
Registered
303 Posts
love the rack system. Shame about the fake hippo hands. They do look pretty bad!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Now I don't feel so bad about having sprung for Hippo Hands. They lasted me well and were still in great shape after two seasons so I gave them to one of my best friends after I got heated gloves.

That parking deal you've got is awesome. BTW, get a locking gas cap for the blazer! ;-P

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Thanks again for those trimmings!
Love the stuff.

Nice to hear from you.
Ya been okay?
Yea i'm doing okay, just can't wait till spring, been getting to much snow lately. Thanks for asking, and good luck with your Medical schooling.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pediatric trauma surgery, and go back to Kosovo/Bosnia. Or maybe genomics, if i wanna get my Ph.D at the same time. Haven't decided between the two....yet

Yeah, locking gas cap. But, then, what will he do?

Nice weather we're having in NC this weekend. Maine had 4-5 feet of snow. Hoping the next 3 interview sites won't be quite as bad.
Thanks for the replies, wish I had more to add to the site!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts