Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend will be my first serious ride (I've solely been riding to work and back for the last 2 weeks without time to get out). Anyone put a knee down on the Versys with the stock tyres yet? Got an action shot for the forum?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't know if my buddy got a knee down but he was scraping the Givi side bags :eek:, He got a new V shortly after ;) . The stockers will do it but it is not a happy feeling. I just put some Pirelli Scorpions on mine and it is a world of difference. Pegs seem to scrape eaiser with the Scorpions. Be careful and have fun.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ask WilliamT about the knee down thing!!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
You can put your knee down, but I hope you plan on doing that on a track somewhere, not on the street.

Gustavo

·
Registered
374 Posts
You do know that putting a knee down is not the maximum lean angle, unless you are under 5' tall. Normally when you put a knee down and are hanging off the bike, the PEG feeler is not even close to the surface.

+1 for not on the street, go to the track for that. We lost one here trying to do that on a 1000RR. He lost it and hit a on coming truck going over 100mph. Needless to say he was in pieces, sad day for a 28 yo.

Todd

1 - 9 of 9 Posts