Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with these pads on the versys? I have a 2011 V approaching 20K miles. Will be replacing brake lines to stainless steel ones and figure I might as well replace pads too. Still lots left as My riding is pretty easy on the brakes. The few reviews I found for KMG were pretty positive.

The pads are cheap $22 for front and rear pads including shipping. I ordered a set.

Would like to hear any actual experience with these pads.

Not looking for typical forum non experience comments, you know folks never tried them but say you should only use OEM, EBC or Galfer anything else will cause you to crash. Those are just unqualified opinions.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Anyone have any experience with these pads on the versys? I have a 2011 V approaching 20K miles. Will be replacing brake lines to stainless steel ones and figure I might as well replace pads too. Still lots left as My riding is pretty easy on the brakes. The few reviews I found for KMG were pretty positive.

The pads are cheap $22 for front and rear pads including shipping. I ordered a set.

Would like to hear any actual experience with these pads.

Not looking for typical forum non experience comments, you know folks never tried them but say you should only use OEM, EBC or Galfer anything else will cause you to crash. Those are just unqualified opinions.
Contrary to some of my fellow riders, I have always preferred organic brake pads instead of metallic ones. I like their gradual "smoother feel" during braking (less abrupt than the metallic ones). They wear more rapidly than metallic pads but are "easier" on the brake discs.
I believe that you will probably like the KMG ones ... although I've never used KMG ones myself. :)

·
Registered
842 Posts
Just my $.02. I liked the feel of the organics on my Connie. I did not like their lack of initial bite when wet. I no longer use them.

Perhaps they now use an improved formulation to fix the lack of wet grip. If so, I would be interested because they are a lot easier on the disc.

YMMV.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts