Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
0 Posts
great job. quick scan. could'nt see any reference to the airbox though? Like to know his solution given has a backbone frame.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah Ed, I didn't catch the previous thread on ADV about the bike. This struck me as a feasible project for those around here who put a LOT of money and effort into making the Versys into something it will never really be, instead of making the KLR into something a LOT closer to the target.

The truth is, the Versys motor is missing something for off-road use and we all know what it is...torque down low.

What would be really interesting is if Kawasaki decided to make the Versys twin into one like the Yamaha Tenere and change the firing sequence to 270 degrees to enhance low RPM torque and design the KLR to accept it. If they did, you'd have a smooth fuel injected twin with the advantage of proper dual-sport geometry, suspension and wheel size. I'd drop for one in a heartbeat if they built it.

This hybrid has caught my attention. If anyone stuffs(prayers be with you) their Versys, ER or Ninja, let me know.

V-Zee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts