Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a KLR 650 side stand on eBay for 25 bucks painted it and slapped it on. Perfect fit no mods. It adds about half an inch in length and the foot is wider for soft dirt/sand and the leg itself is more robust. Also it stands the bike up a little better if your running larger tires like the Metzeler Tourance Dual Sport Tires in 150/70 and 130/80. When I did the trip up north this past summer I had to use a 2x4 when I parked on anything dirt and the bike just leaned over to much when loaded. Anyway thought Id share as it’s a easy mod if you have your bike set up to run the big gravel.

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
Good to know! Thanks for posting :thumb:

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Well I'll be damned! It looks great too. :thumb:

I actually added about 1/2" length to stock sidestand while giving it more surface area for the same result.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Good job.
Need to find one of those.
I've been unhappy with the side stand from the first day.

Invader, you're the ebay wizard. If you find something, post up.
There's one currently on offer but I don't like the price or the shipping rate.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought a new bolt and spring, like JD said the Versys spring was longer and it did flop when I it bumps once I replaced with KLR spring it has stayed in place. Spring was 5.00 bucks so the whole mod was 30 bucks. As far as buying used Id watch ebay for parted out bikes if you buy new its like 70 bucks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I found a KLR 650 side stand on eBay for 25 bucks painted it and slapped it on. Perfect fit no mods. It adds about half an inch in length and the foot is wider for soft dirt/sand and the leg itself is more robust. Also it stands the bike up a little better if your running larger tires like the Metzeler Tourance Dual Sport Tires in 150/70 and 130/80. When I did the trip up north this past summer I had to use a 2x4 when I parked on anything dirt and the bike just leaned over to much when loaded. Anyway thought Id share as it’s a easy mod if you have your bike set up to run the big gravel.
Brilliant! :thumb:

·
Registered
74 Posts
i also changed over to a klr sidestand, w/new spring and bolt after reading the advmoto magazine report on their versys mods. the v settles down on the new stand much better. it should be a change that kawasaki makes in the future.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts