Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I put my bike on the kick stand it seems to give a bit latterly and the bike rests at a somewhat excessive ~40 degree angle on the stand. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a fix?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Mine does exactly that. I don't care for it, but my understanding is that is the way it's designed to work, so no, there is no fix for it. I brought it to my dealer's attention on the 1000 km break-in service and was told it was functioning properly.

Having said that, I believe I once read a thread about hammering the stand mount forward(?) or something to that effect. So someone may chime in with a DIY fix.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
With the bike is gear put the stand down and kick it out as you put weight on it. That has always worked well. :thumb:

·
Registered
367 Posts
I installed a second generation (08+) KLR650 kickstand, it has a larger flatfoot that keeps the bike more stable. It will not take the slack out but the bike feels more secure when on the stand.
Dan

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
When I put my bike on the kick stand it seems to give a bit latterly and the bike rests at a somewhat excessive ~40 degree angle on the stand. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a fix?
After 6 1/2 years of use, my V seems to be leaning over on the stand at a sharper angle, with more "play or slop" in the kickstand hinge. But I'm not positive, since my memory isn't that great over that long of a period of time. :eek: It still seems to work ok, though. It does put scuff marks in my epoxy coated garage floor when I park it, and it does that little backward scoot. :mad:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I tend to 'let out the slack' with my foot after I get off the bike to let it rest at it's furthest angle. Having had it blown over the long way in a wind storm, I'm a big fan of the heavy lean angle. That said, a motowerks flatfoot will add about 1/8" to the kickstand, and slightly reduce the angle, whilst giving you a nice fat surface for the weight of the bike to lean on when parked on suspect ground. :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts