Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the hyperpro rear shock spring on my versys to lower it. Realy happy with the ride improvement. My question is to anyone that has lowered their bike either with the spring or with a link. How much did you shorten the kickstand after lowering the bike?

·
Registered
147 Posts
So we have choice of lowering with spring or with speedys kit? wonder what is best? guess I have to do a search! lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just curious, have you checked to see how far the bike leans over on the side stand before shortening the side stand? The reason I ask is I have lowered the rear of my V with a Speedy's link, and I have raised the front fork tubes as much as possible in the triple clamps without touching the side stand. The bike still leans well over on the side stand, it just doesn't feel so figgin' top heavy when I raise it off the side stand. Sometimes I wonder if I've got the wrong side stand on my V.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My used V came lowered with a Speedy flat foot and I think the kickstand is stock length. I believe the Speedy flat foot makes the kickstand slightly shorter so it has an acceptable lean. However, comparing to other Kawis at the dealer, the lean angle is not as much.

Also, when parked on a smooth flat spot (i.e. garage) I can see that the flat foot does not sit level on the ground because the kickstand is too long and the bike is not leaning as much as designed. So I am planning to cut a mere 1/4" off of my kickstand.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the reply's. I have decided to shorten it 1 1/2" and put a slightly larger diameter foot on. To answer a few questions.

Yes I have checked the lean after lowering the back and dropping the front forks. It will stay upright at stock length but I think any chance of being on uneven ground could be an issue.

I looked into both the lowering link and spring, and decided to go with the spring to not only lower but also give a softer ride. The spring has done a really good job at both. I am really happy with the way the bike rides and handles now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts