Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize for reposting this question, but I can't find answers I am comfortable with. :|
I am lowering my new to me 2012 Versys 650 with the Motwerk block.
The Motowerk Flatfoot kit adds a lot of cost at $60 and I don't want to cut off the stock kickstand in case I ever sell it to a taller person.
I have heard a Ninja 650 kickstands will work with little or no modification and they only cost about $20 on Ebay.
Is there a particular year Ninja kickstand to buy?

Thanks and sorry for the repost.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I lowered my V1. I got the complete Motorwerk package. Their kick stand kit is worth the extra money. It also provides an extra large foot which you will appreciate when you park on soft soil. Enjoy your bike, let future new, "taller" owner worry about finding a stock kick stand. I seriously doubt a short kick stand for a lowered bike will queer the deal.

Randy

·
Registered
2013 v650
221 Posts
I used a ninga 650 stand on my 2013, gen 2 versys. Bolted right on. Use one of the online parts sites to see if the stand year you are looking at on ebay is the same pn as the ninga stand for the year of your versys.
I think the gen 3 versys uses a different stand than the gen 1 and 2. I didn't lookup if the ninga stands changed also. (Bolt size different)
I kept the original stand for if I ever sold the bike also.

·
Registered
279 Posts
i have speedy's motowerk lowering kit with the big foot stand pad. i have a 30 inch inseam and it was a great mod. the fact is, if you lower the rear/displace shock, you'll have to lower the forks and cut/modify the side stand. I've never regretted the mod. and you'll have even a bigger market for inseam compromised individuals. btw, i kept the old cut off piece of stand in case someone wanted to raise the bike and weld it back on. but 10 years later, i still have no intention of getting rid of my 2008 V.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
i have speedy's motowerk lowering kit with the big foot stand pad. i have a 30 inch inseam and it was a great mod. the fact is, if you lower the rear/displace shock, you'll have to lower the forks and cut/modify the side stand. I've never regretted the mod. and you'll have even a bigger market for inseam compromised individuals. btw, i kept the old cut off piece of stand in case someone wanted to raise the bike and weld it back on. but 10 years later, i still have no intention of getting rid of my 2008 V.

My story as well - and I didn't even have to type it! :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
19,127 Posts
My story as well - and I didn't even have to type it! :wink2:
MY 2008 is NOT lowered, and I have NO intention of getting rid of it (now w/ 79,049 miles!).

·
Registered
31 Posts

I ordered a lowering block, for my 2013 Versys, short inseam, but didn't bother dropping the triple clamps, and it seems fine to me. It may in fact be better for he kind of riding I do. One would think kicking the front end out a bit, might make for a better ride across expansion joints and the like. Never experienced any issues with cornering either.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I lowered my 08 with a speedy's kit.I lowered the triples 7/8 of a inch ( all you can go and stay on the polished portion) I did not have to cut the stand.Plenty of lean angle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts