Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did a quick little mod to my bike save my scratches made by my keys around the ignition.I had noticed that there was a few the other day and started thinking.. I had some of this vynal film left over that I use for computer modding and got to thinking hey this might work on my bike. This film has a carbon fiber look to it. I just made a stencil then cut it out of the film and stuck it on. Ill be honest it took me two trys to get it right. But I think it turned out nice, the test will be to see if it stands up to the elements like the sun. Ive got a chunk of the film so I can always make another if it wears out. Anyway thaught I would share it with you all to see what you think. You can get the film in several different styles at this website: http://mnpctech.com/. Heres the Pics.

Let me know what you think.. Thanks:thumb:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Looks good! My other problem with the key is that it isn't smooth getting it into the lock position. I have to move the handlebars a bit to get it there, but my key is starting to twist/bend a bit. I tried to lube it up with some WD40, and it helped, but not enough...

·
Registered
429 Posts
Looks sweet!

nvoelsch, try turning the handlebarsa bit back and forth while turning it to the lock position...

·
Registered
440 Posts
My rule, only the motorcycle key goes on the motorcycle key fob. The other keys stay in a zip-up pocket.

It does look trick though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Whats it worth to ya:devil:

Just Kidding.yes I still have the template and some film. Ide have to get your address you could send it to me via email.

Let me know..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Oh, thats would be kind of ya:) But, I live in Sweden so...
I was more wondering if you could transfer it to a .pdf or something to dowload. Then it would be easy to print out and... yes guess you got it. :thumb:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
template

Ive had the template made its just gettin access to a scanner, not to mention working 12 hour shifts keeps me busy. But I will work to get it out in the next week or so. Will have to do it here at work we have a Printer and copier that will email the PDF file to our email.

I want to try this film possibly on other parts of the bike just no sure yet.

So Patience my brothers.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The template is in....

Ok got the template done had some time today at work to use this new fancy HP Printer scanner works pretty cool. I can scan an Item then email it in a PDF file to myself. I thaught it was cool anyway.:D Hope it works for ya. Let me know....:thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello RedRiguez, Thank You for the template. I hope you don't mind that I redrew it in vector. As soon as I find suitable material (not that what you used is unsuitable, I just don'y have any) I am going to cut one on my laser cutter. Thanks much,
Bob

Ok got the template done had some time today at work to use this new fancy HP Printer scanner works pretty cool. I can scan an Item then email it in a PDF file to myself. I thaught it was cool anyway.:D Hope it works for ya. Let me know....:thumb:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts