Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The area where my keys hang has been getting pretty scratched up of late. I recently purchased a sheet of Gripster Sport Motorcycle Tank Grips for another project for my TU250. Included was a small sample sheet. I used a template someone on the board had posted in a thread and used the sample sheet and cut a key protector. It's very sticky, but removable also.

I ordered the C3 grip pad for my TU project. www.techspec-usa.com

Here is how it turned out.

·
Super Moderator
16,056 Posts
:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just get one of these key bags can put your side or top bag keys in, then tuck it in the gap to the left side of the ignition key cylinder lock, no scratches at all.

rgs

:yeahsmile:

The area where my keys hang has been getting pretty scratched up of late. I recently purchased a sheet of Gripster Sport Motorcycle Tank Grips for another project for my TU250. Included was a small sample sheet. I used a template someone on the board had posted in a thread and used the sample sheet and cut a key protector. It's very sticky, but removable also.

I ordered the C3 grip pad for my TU project. www.techspec-usa.com

Here is how it turned out.

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That’s just one of several reasons why I never attach anything to my ignition keys.
I don't like carrying two sets of keys around. (more to lose) :eek: So, I have a house key and the top rack key along with the garage door opener and ignition key. :eek:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I don't like carrying two sets of keys around. (more to lose) :eek: So, I have a house key and the top rack key along with the garage door opener and ignition key. :eek:
What, no flashlight, nail clipper, rabbit’s foot and Swiss army knife? :stickpoke:

Just kidding... to each his own... and (other than the rabbit’s foot) I DO carry all of those other things (albeit separately).
:cheers:

·
Registered
231 Posts
as others have said. I dont put anything on my ign key either. Vital items like keys, license, and anything i dont want to lose go in my inner zippered jacket pocket. Where a frequent pat in the area tells me its all safe and secure. If its between scratching the piss out of the top clamp or finding another special secure place for keys, i do the latter. I have seen many forgetful key owners with scratched bikes. Somewhat detracting. Also, if an owner is meticulate enough to avoid scratching his bike up with keys, it might be a safe buy knowing hes probably meticulate with maintenance too.... My observation on many purchases anyways....

·
Registered
231 Posts
not that a key scratched bike is poorly maintained, but if you DO meet the guy who took the time to avoid those key scratches, he is likely on top of the care of the bike in other areas also. Just one of many indicators of a cared for bike... Peace

1 - 13 of 13 Posts