Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I haven't paid attention in recent years as the last new motorcycle I bought was an 09 KLX 250 on New Years Eve 09, but what type of deals should we expect to see on 2012 models at the end of this year or early 2013?

·
Registered
354 Posts
I got tired of waiting for the factory deal, but I just got a 2012 for $6999 + $285 (DMV fees) the salesmen that did the paperwork said that they were into the bike for $7040. I asked how they could sell the bike for less than they paid for it. He said they were only gonna get $150-$200 on a factory "holdback", whatever that is. I had told the sales manager(the guy I made the deal with) that I wouldn't mind waiting for a factory rebate, that way they (the local dealer) could get more money and I could pay less. He didn't know whether or not there was gonna be any kind of upcoming rebate, hence the deal.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
So $7,284.00 USA Funds OTD is pretty good!

As far as the KLX 250's the dealers around don't have any at all!

I do know of an 09 KLX 250 with 600 miles for $3,600.00 private party and have been dying because the new honda FI 250 dual is $4,600.00 and I'm just dragging my feet.! :eek:

$1000.00 more for FI! :D

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Southern Honda has been offering the CRF250L for $3997 (NO fees). You pay DMV taxes & title when you return home. I have a trailer and have been tempted to make the 5 hour drive.
Boy! I quess you have been tempted. That is a great deal! They are so popular up here there is a waiting list which I dislike. :(

Also no new klx's. Its one messed up market here. Thats way far for me to go and would cost me more at trips end. :(

Thanks for info Capn. I might just wait it out. :confused:

·
Registered
89 Posts
but what type of deals should we expect to see on 2012 models at the end of this year or early 2113?

I would imagine a new condition Versys will be worth quite a bit in early 2113. Either that or it'll a combustion-engined paper weight. Sorry, couldn't resist. Good luck.

Mike

·
Registered
4,590 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
but what type of deals should we expect to see on 2012 models at the end of this year or early 2113?
I bought my brand new 2011 Versys in early October 2011 for $7125 OTD - tax, tag, title, everything... From a dealer in Cocoa, FL. I saw their ad on cycletrader.com only saying "mention this ad and we'll take $300 off our bottom line price."

I did my best computations on where to start the "negotiation" and sent an email offering $7125 - OTD. I received a reply within minutes accepting my offer... It was then I thought that maybe an even lower starting point might have been better.

I did have to make an 700 mile round trip to pick it up...but that was no big deal for what it was getting me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There are a couple of dealers in the Atlanta area that have new 2012's starting at $6,900 not including T,T&T. Most likely they would take less OTD. The dealer in Cocoa has an 2011 as well. another dealer in VA has a 2011 on the floor and in the crate for $6,300.

After looking around I bought a low miles used so I didn't have to pay sales tax to Fulton County GA on a private sale.

·
Registered
10 Posts

I would imagine a new condition Versys will be worth quite a bit in early 2113. Either that or it'll a combustion-engined paper weight. Sorry, couldn't resist. Good luck.

Mike
I got a dealer incentive $100 knocked off my [dealer demo] new 2011 Versys [128 mi.]. Total, taxes & all was $7,396.14 cash. Bought it about 3 weeks ago. The dealer installed a battery tender charging adapter to my Versys battery. Bike was about $6,500, then dealer incentive of $100 was factored in, & total I ended up paying was #7,396.14 They did charge me for a full tank of gas and the battery tender plug. I think that was a pretty good deal, right?

What are the main differences between the pre 2010 Versyses & the 2010 & up Versyses, rubber mounted/attached noise dampeners, headlight, & ___?

Allen

1 - 12 of 12 Posts