Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my Versys 300x on Saturday and just couldn't be more pleased. I have a Vulcan 800cc cruiser and knew when I started researching adventure style bikes I wanted something smaller for "any road". All the ADV recommendations seemed to be for trials type bikes or elephant size "adventure" type bikes. Started seeing the info and specs on the x and knew I wanted to try it. I had some bikes that I wanted to ride (KLR650 - F650GS) and was able to do that at the dealership but they were just bigger than I had in mind. This bike just hit a chord and I bought it. My big concern was being able to keep up with traffic on tarmac until I got to the "get off". I think the Kawi folks have really come up with something in this bike in that I can do some dirt and ride freeway if I have to. It's not a "wonderful for everything" bike but I have to say ... it covers most bases and that little ninja motor is nothing short of amazing.

If you're thinking at all about the Versys 300x you should go ride one. I guess the caveat would be that I just hope third party accessory makers get on board with aftermarket. I think Kawi stuff is pretty spendy for what it is and the seat on this bike is H A R D! And .. with a 30" inseam I'm tip toeing at a stop. Cheers and good riding to you.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats on the new bike! I picked mine up in April and I love it. It's far more capable both on and off road than most people would think. I agree without about the aftermarket options. I bit the bullet and bought the center stand for maintenance but I'm still waiting for the rest of the aftermarket to catch up! Especially with a skid plate, not even Kawi offers one...

As for the seat, check out Seat Concepts. They make a kit that reuses the stock seat pan. I ordered one yesterday. I've heard good things, so I'm optimistic about it. At least it can't be worse than the stock seat. Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just got my X too!!! Put about 320 miles on it already. Time to start tricking it out!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts