Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Stabilizing the genuine factory Kawasaki crash bars to the T-Rex Heavy Duty skid plate is demonstrated in this video. The Kawasaki crash bars are not designed and anchored to the Versys X300 very well. Video LINK: (24) Kawasaki Versys X300 beefing up genuine Kaw crash bars - attach to the T- Rex Heavy Duty Skid Plate - YouTube
There are much better third-party crash bars that do a much better job of protecting the plastic cowls. This project only needs two parts.
The first part is an angle brace that is 4 inches by 5 inches and about 3/16 inch in thickness so it is very strong. I bought these off Amazon. LINK: Amazon.com: 4 Pack - L 5" x H 4" x W 1.5", 5mm Thick L Shelf Bracket, Iron Shelf Brackets, Metal Shelf Bracket, Industrial Shelf Bracket, Modern Shelf Bracket, Decorative Shelving, Shelf Supports with Screws : Tools & Home Improvement
The second part is a horizonal clamp mount for an auxiliary light or light bar that compresses down on the round part of the lower crash bar. I bought this on Amazon also. LINK: Amazon.com: Nilight - 90028D 4PCS LED Light Bar Horizontal Bar Clamp Mounting Kit Fit on 0.75" 1" 1.25" Bull Bars Roof Racks Roll Cages for ATV UTV and Trucks, 2 Years Warranty : Automotive

Other items needed are four M6 x 20mm Hex Socket head black bolts and two M8 x 20mm Hex Socket head bolts. For the M6 x 20mm bolts I bought a set of flange head bolts in a kit that are for putting kit furniture together and they look great and work great. This kit has special nuts that aren’t usable. (yup Amazon) LINK: Hilitchi M6 120Pcs Black Hex Socket Head Screws Bolts Barrel Nuts Hardware Assortment Kit for Crib Baby Bed Furniture Cots and Chairs (15mm/20mm/25mm/30mm/35mm-Assortment Kit): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Lock nut kit for all the common metric bolts that I use on the projects was also from Amazon. LINK: Keadic 100 Pieces Metric Black Zinc Plated Nylon Insert Lock Nuts Assortment Kit for Matching Screws or Bolts - 7 Sizes:M3 M4 M5 M6 M8 M10 M12: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Stabilizing the genuine factory Kawasaki crash bars to the T-Rex Heavy Duty skid plate is demonstrated in this video. The Kawasaki crash bars are not designed and anchored to the Versys X300 very well. Video LINK: (24) Kawasaki Versys X300 beefing up genuine Kaw crash bars - attach to the T- Rex Heavy Duty Skid Plate - YouTube
There are much better third-party crash bars that do a much better job of protecting the plastic cowls. This project only needs two parts.
The first part is an angle brace that is 4 inches by 5 inches and about 3/16 inch in thickness so it is very strong. I bought these off Amazon. LINK: Amazon.com: 4 Pack - L 5" x H 4" x W 1.5", 5mm Thick L Shelf Bracket, Iron Shelf Brackets, Metal Shelf Bracket, Industrial Shelf Bracket, Modern Shelf Bracket, Decorative Shelving, Shelf Supports with Screws : Tools & Home Improvement
The second part is a horizonal clamp mount for an auxiliary light or light bar that compresses down on the round part of the lower crash bar. I bought this on Amazon also. LINK: Amazon.com: Nilight - 90028D 4PCS LED Light Bar Horizontal Bar Clamp Mounting Kit Fit on 0.75" 1" 1.25" Bull Bars Roof Racks Roll Cages for ATV UTV and Trucks, 2 Years Warranty : Automotive

Other items needed are four M6 x 20mm Hex Socket head black bolts and two M8 x 20mm Hex Socket head bolts. For the M6 x 20mm bolts I bought a set of flange head bolts in a kit that are for putting kit furniture together and they look great and work great. This kit has special nuts that aren’t usable. (yup Amazon) LINK: Hilitchi M6 120Pcs Black Hex Socket Head Screws Bolts Barrel Nuts Hardware Assortment Kit for Crib Baby Bed Furniture Cots and Chairs (15mm/20mm/25mm/30mm/35mm-Assortment Kit): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Lock nut kit for all the common metric bolts that I use on the projects was also from Amazon. LINK: Keadic 100 Pieces Metric Black Zinc Plated Nylon Insert Lock Nuts Assortment Kit for Matching Screws or Bolts - 7 Sizes:M3 M4 M5 M6 M8 M10 M12: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific View attachment 184110
Great! No one can accuse you or the lack of ingenuity!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts