Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,855 Posts
A complete adventure rebuild will off-set your pocket by USD$ 4994.90. So what is the cost of a new X300?

But cost aside , nice upgrade and nice looking .

·
Registered
149 Posts
I calculated US$5,119.90 X CDN$1.34 = CDN$6,860 - just for upgrades. Plus they forgot the center stand (US$250) and Denali aux lights (US$399). Agreed though, interesting article.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I calculated US$5,119.90 X CDN$1.34 = CDN$6,860 - just for upgrades. Plus they forgot the center stand (US$250) and Denali aux lights (US$399). Agreed though, interesting article.
Just wanted to show what are the possible options for the Versys 300 to the Versys community. You can pick and choose the upgrades that are most important, It's definitely not all feasible for the common joe on a 6k bike which is what they explained in the comments of the article.

·
Registered
149 Posts
No doubt, AdvRdr, there are upgrades needed to take this bike on a true adventure - say to Alaska. Skid plate, barkbusters and tires minimum. And it's true, if you have the $$ to embark on that excellent adventure, you gotta hve the right gear.

Then again, have you seen c90adventures on YouTube?

·
Super Moderator
19,467 Posts
No doubt, AdvRdr, there are upgrades needed to take this bike on a true adventure - say to Alaska. Skid plate, barkbusters and tires minimum. And it's true, if you have the $$ to embark on that excellent adventure, you gotta hve the right gear.

My FIRST ride to Alaska in '04 was on an '03 Suzuki Bandit 1200S, riding on stock road-tires, and I rode Top of the World Hwy (MOSTLY dirt) on it. No problems. Here's a pic of my '09 at Chicken after riding Top of the World Hwy in '13.

I then did two more on an '04 KLR650, then the next three on Versys 650s, an '09 and a '15, and, IF you don't ride up the Dempster (or, I assume - the "Haul Road"), there's NO need for 'dirt-rubber'.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Of course, that guy is legendary, riding on the highway in Quebec in the middle of winter, that guy got some balls or He has a death wish.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well, across Canada would be an adventure. Growing up in Quebec, I rode (Honda 400-four) to NB and back once - beautiful, beautiful country and great bike roads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts