Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slow, slower, slowest, I'm gone?

It takes so long to load this web site I hate to visit it anymore. Anyone else having this problem? The add at the top of the site seems to be the problem. It takes forever to load it and once its done than you can scroll down.

I really like this site but we all have limits! :eek:

Oh and by the way no problem any where else just this web site..

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
This site is all good and very fast for me, even way up here on our relatively slow internet. It's still always nearly instantaneous, and as good as any other site or forum... You must be bugged up pretty bad, or under some kind of secret gov't surveillance.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I've had bad days in here...I'm thinking the site is getting jammed packed at those times or something...I've even had my anti-virus boot a couple of thread replies as not safe..so there could be some funny business going on by some not so reputable types (not necessarily forum posters who ride or own a Versys)...it's a deep dark world on the net...:exactly:

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Chafams66 I think the problem is with your computer. Suggest reformating hard drive and reinstalling OS, then ALL OS patches as well as good anti virus program. Microsoft anti virus is free and excellent. Don't install two anti virus programs at once. Google Chrome is currently your best choice in a browser.

Never had any issues with this site.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have not done this personally but i have heard of a way to download Internet address range for certain countries and blacklist them on your internet router so that the ads get blocked at the router level. This may require you to flash your wireless router. Google is your friend on the how-to. A colleague of mine at work swears by this method

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
928 Posts
You can point a few domains in the hosts file on windows to 127.0.0.1. Before doing that, though, try Firefox with the AdBlock Plus add-on. If that speeds it up, there may be a script in an ad that is affecting your machine.

Ads help keep the site free, so blocking them is a problem long-term. However, if you stop visiting because of ads, that's a bigger problem.

·
Registered
601 Posts
You can point a few domains in the hosts file on windows to 127.0.0.1. Before doing that, though, try Firefox with the AdBlock Plus add-on. If that speeds it up, there may be a script in an ad that is affecting your machine.

Ads help keep the site free, so blocking them is a problem long-term. However, if you stop visiting because of ads, that's a bigger problem.
I use Firefox with ad-block and it loads up fine, but every now and then in general my browser runs slow. I usually clear the cache and such, quit the program and reload it...

I hope you get it worked out...

·
Super Moderator
18,968 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Chafams66 I think the problem is with your computer. Suggest reformating hard drive and reinstalling OS, then ALL OS patches as well as good anti virus program. Microsoft anti virus is free and excellent. Don't install two anti virus programs at once. Google Chrome is currently your best choice in a browser.

Never had any issues with this site.
Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Site as fast as hell tonight? WTH

Funny thing all suggest it is my problem lol, of course it is! :thumb:

Well all other sites are fast and the only problem is this forum? :eek:

Impossible of course! ;)

Here is a selfie to show you how strong I am! Been working out all winter so I know I'm fast as heck! :D

Yes I have been under secret gov't surveillance.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,968 Posts
...Here is a selfie to show you how strong I am! Been working out all winter so I know I'm fast as heck! :D....
MTS - I THOUGHT you got rid of your "mullet"...?

:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts