Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m having trouble with my ignition, does not turn some times 20 turns befor it works, then I went to shop I bought bike from 2 weeks ago , that told me to try pushing key up slightly then turn , yes it worked, but is it normal , or is the Key ignition on its way out , please help me on this if you can , THANKS GUY

· Super Moderator
22,240 Posts
WELCOME aboard - and NO - it doesn't sound normal to ME. I have always just turned the key CW, then pressed the start button.

· Premium Member
11,278 Posts
As was said, I have owned a 07 and now a 2015, for me it is awkward as I have a tank bag in the way. Reach down and turn tbe key, it is possible your key is worn out, how hard is it to release the seat?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m having trouble with my ignition, does not turn some times 20 turns befor it works, then I went to shop I bought bike from 2 weeks ago , that told me to try pushing key up slightly then turn , yes it worked, but is it normal , or is the Key ignition on its way out , please help me on this if you can , THANKS GUY
Tryed the other key is the same, the seat is ok to lock

· Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Unlocking the seat easily says the ignition is defective. Have you tried locking the steering? You need to push down and turn counterclockwise with the steering at full lock I don't use it but some do in high theft areas , if they want it they could pick it up and put it in a pickup.

· Registered
133 Posts
Put something like WD40 down the key hole and then put the key in and turn it back and forth. It might just be that the assembly is dry. Worth a try and the WD40 won't hurt anything. Just a squirt, you don't need much. I find that on my 08 Versys 650, when I want to remove the key I have to turn it a very small amount to the right. It seems to catch on the barrel. Other than that never had any problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.