Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I've read on this forum every 15' and 16' Versys has a rear brake problem (some riders notice it, some don't... but everyone has it). The rotor rubs against the brake pads at all times. Isn't it enough for Kawasaki to release an official recall and fix it at no cost to us? What needs to be done? I've called Kawasaki several times and complained but I guess me only would not be enough. Kawasaki told me to go to the dealer from whom i bought it and get it fixed. I went, but the dealer didn't really know how to address that issue... the problem remained.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I personally don't think there will be any recall, the brakes work just fine. It's not an uncommon issue across other make and models, just aggravating when it happens. See dougjustdoug's post #51 of 52 in the thread on the issue, pretty good sum up. I'm not a hard rear brake user but have purposely been laying on them to wear the pads and also my spring fix is doing the job for now.

·
Super Moderator
19,636 Posts
My '15 rear brakes were replaced at about 12K miles.... MY '08 - 66K miles, STILL on the original pads....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts