1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad news for racing fans.

Taken from superbikeplanet.com...

KAWASAKI PRESS RELEASE

Tokyo, January 9, 2009 -- Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. announced today that it has decided to suspend its factory MotoGP racing activities from 2009 season.

Amid quickly changing business environment, Kawasaki has been promptly taking countermeasures to cope with the situation. As the world economy is not likely to recover in a short period due to the major impact of the financial crisis, Kawasaki decided to suspend its MotoGP racing activities from 2009 season onward and reallocate management resources more efficiently.

Kawasaki will continue racing activities using mass-produced motorcycles as well as supporting general race-oriented customers.

Kawasaki would like to thank all the fans and all those who have forwarded us great help.

Mr.Yoshio Kawamura, the Managing Director of Kawasaki Motors Racing B.V. deeply appreciates the contribution and the dedication brought by staff members of the MotoGP team.

ENDS

·
Registered
25 Posts
They were sooooo uncompetitive, they had to leave. Their bikes last year were a joke. Kawasaki doesn't even really have a competitive superbike. Their 600 this year is quite good, but Supersport racing in the US was effectively ruined by the idiots DMG, who now run US Roadracing and have ruined it. They limit Supersport riders to, I believe, 21 years old or younger. The last race had about 10 entries. How many 21 and under year olds can come up with the money to race a 600cc SS bike? MotoGP will be boring this year as there will be only about 18 bikes on the grid. It will be the Rossi/Stoner show all year. I spend my time watching the best road race series in the world right now: World Superbike. See you in Utah!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts