Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Team Versys,

I made the mistake of pucahsing the factory luggage from Kawi with the understanding that you can mount both the Trunk and the Hard Side Bags for that long excursion. That is not the case and I'm wondering if anyone has found the correct brackets from Givi that allows you to do this. I called them and received a yes we have the brackets and then I called them back with another question and was instructed that it could not be done.

Any help here is GREATLY appreciated!

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have a full set of GIVI luggage and bags...no problem!

Givi FZ447 top case mount + Givi PLX447 side case mounts.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The Kawasaki top case isn't made by Givi and wont work with the Givi FZ447 top case mount.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gang,

Thanks to CheesyRider i have found a solution, thank you. I should have my racks by Friday. I've been told that the Top Case is made by Givi but specifically for Kawi so they cannot both be used. I guess Kawi is afraid of overloading this bike?????

·
Registered
418 Posts
Hooligan - Your bike looks great, can you give me input on your GPS?
Thanks. It's a Garmin Zumo 550. I have really enjoyed it. It works very well and can be manipulated with gloves on. You can sent the audio to your helmet with a cord or bluetooth. It also has Sirus radio and an MP3 player built into it.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Mine has XM, although I haven't tried it yet. I read somewhere that you couldn't listen to the XM radio through the Bluetooth connection, but I am not sure. It really is nice though. I have been able to use the navigation really well without voice prompts because of the way they setup the screen. It also provides an accurate speedo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Cheesy Rider for pointing me to the correct SWMotech brackets...I installed them today and all is well...looks great!

·
Registered
27 Posts
A fix to mounting bags and trunk

Team Versys,

I made the mistake of pucahsing the factory luggage from Kawi with the understanding that you can mount both the Trunk and the Hard Side Bags for that long excursion. That is not the case and I'm wondering if anyone has found the correct brackets from Givi that allows you to do this. I called them and received a yes we have the brackets and then I called them back with another question and was instructed that it could not be done.

Any help here is GREATLY appreciated!
All,
I too bought the Kawa Luggage (by Givi). It did not take me too long to see that if I cut the hand holds off the saddle bag mounts and repainted them, I could bolt the rack on top and whola I have the best of both on my bike.
CDBonnett

·
Registered
122 Posts
Greetings, has anyone had any issues with bolting the versys factory cases to the SW motech brackets? Factory cases I believe are the Givi v35 PLX's, but I have mine coming in later this week before a trip, so hopin it'll be a cynch to cobble together. Thanks,

·
Registered
459 Posts
I bought the rear rack and trunk from Kawi; and, the trunk is made by Kappa and Kawi branded; can't tell who made the rack. The rack is well made, the trunk is MUCH flimsier than the JCWhitney I have on my V*. Not sure if I will go with hard bags or just strap on soft ones. I really like the "sliders" idea!!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Greetings, has anyone had any issues with bolting the versys factory cases to the SW motech brackets? Factory cases I believe are the Givi v35 PLX's, but I have mine coming in later this week before a trip, so hopin it'll be a cynch to cobble together. Thanks,
requires no cobbling. everything fits with precision.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.