Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

2241 - 2253 of 2253 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,241
The truck side windows were dark tint, nobody could see in, but if they could have, gawd, there was this old man in there trying to get comfortable on top of and between a mountain of junk, wasn't no Sealy Posturepedic, but I'd slept in way worse conditions, only 40F and falling.

Figured I slept for three or four hours in the parking lot, fitfully, between truck engine noise, doors slamming, and one scream that woke me with a start, hair on end, fumbling for a defensive weapon, and all I could come up with quickly in the dumpster-like crew cab interior was a pocket knife, 2 inch blade...hell's bells, I wanted a damn sawed off shotgun, like right the flip now. Nobody makes a sound like that unless somebody is chasing them with an axe, maybe an ice pick, kinda brings the world to a stop, take a breath, sonny.

Whoever had screamed timed out, might be dead, and I climbed out of my cave, no cops, commotion, or crime scene van. Didn't see any big pools of blood either, but I didn't look real hard, had other things on my mind, like a big hunk of Chuck Taylor on a biscuit with bacon, don't care if it was chewy, I was starving. Inside, past the two gals who where there to entertain the truckers, it was hoppin', zombies mostly, lots of shuffling feet, but at least the CT smell was gone, now it just smelled like good ol' healthy All-American grease. I ordered an egg, cheese, ham, and bacon biscuit, man, even the photo of it on the menu board looked greasy.

In due time, I was handed a wrapped up object resembling what I had ordered, except it looked like it was created using a 3D printer with flavored lard as the media, and whooof, I ate it right quick, might have gotten some of the packaging too. I thought hard about fetching another, but then I'd need to buy one of them American Heart Association bracelets with my blood type and contact info. There was another guy over in the corner, food tray buried in wrappers, heck, if someone had slipped in a hot buttered skunk, he'd have slammed that down too.

Huge cup of dark roast, then two for the road, and I was heading towards Memphis, the river, and Arkansas. I got over to Memphis, no drama, but I thought I might have a chance to beat rush hour, no luck. Urban traffic looks all the same in the dark, not the same skyline to offer differentiation, could be Chicago, DC, LA, or anywhere, goofballs bumper-to-bumper, inevitable construction zones full of upended barrels and squashed cones. I'm sure those folks around me driving with such grim on-task determination thought they were on a mission too, snobby me, it looked like droning urbanism from where I was sitting, V649 riding along obediently out back.

I had a full load out of caffeine in me, more than enough to mitigate fatigue, and with only one more cup of coffee, I would have stopped to get a photo of the Arkansas welcome sign that was bolted to the girders of the Mississippi River bridge, instantly causing a 200 car pile up. I might have been mentioned on the morning TV news, but Texas was at the other end of Arkansas, no funny business, I needed to get on down there, like freakin' pronto.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
it's official, we now have a celebrity in our midst. our Canuckistanian inmate chid and his Chain Bath are featured on the front page of ADVrider.com, the inventor from the great white north makes good.
Hihi well....... trying to help other riders that hate the chain cleaning ;)
It's amazing to see how many people are reticent to the change...

but if anybody is interested... shoot me a pm!

I have to admit that my Shrinkable Sofa was viewed a little bit more on the Business Insider platform :O

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,244
I have to admit that my Shrinkable Sofa was viewed a little bit more on the Business Insider platform :O
you would be suffering some severe sticker shock if you had to actually pay the bill for the free advertising you received on ADV.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
you would be suffering some severe sticker shock if you had to actually pay the bill for the free advertising you received on ADV.
I saw about 400 views on my YouTube, and about 30 comments.
I'm actually looking for a company to license my idea, and it's amazing that not even one person contacted me to ask.
We'll see where it goes, but my chain is extremely happy :D I hope it can reach other riders too.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
yeah, the patent application is made....
any contacts in the motorcycle accessory industry ? ;)

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,248
yeah, the patent application is made....
any contacts in the motorcycle accessory industry ? ;)
ask the same question in the appropriate forum section on ADV, plenty of industry guys on that forum...clothing, gear, hardparts.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
ask the same question in the appropriate forum section on ADV, plenty of industry guys on that forum...clothing, gear, hardparts.
Yeah, I tried, no answer yet.
Unfortunately there are so many scammers that people think I'm not real :O:O
I'm still looking, thanks!

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,250
...I'm still looking, thanks!
the chinese will do the tooling setup and injection mold at no charge, you just have place an initial order of 100,000 and pay upfront. of course, then they'll ship another 100,000 out the back door and sell them on Aliexpress for 25% of your MSRP number.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
the chinese will do the tooling setup and injection mold at no charge, you just have place an initial order of 100,000 and pay upfront. of course, then they'll ship another 100,000 out the back door and sell them on Aliexpress for 25% of your MSRP number.
Yeah.... I could do the mold and pay for a first run, but I don't have marketing, distribution and sales....
We'll see if a manufacturer is interested when my patent is granted and could have exclusivity.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,252
Yeah.... I could do the mold and pay for a first run, but I don't have marketing, distribution and sales....
We'll see if a manufacturer is interested when my patent is granted and could have exclusivity.
it's a tough scene out there for the small business since the chineseum players have set such a low bar regarding ethical business practices. i hope whoever you partner with has in-house legal to protect your patent and their manufacturing rights.

recently bought a pair of riding gloves on Aliexpress. the ad photo on Ali does not show any bike manufacturer's logo, but when you get the gloves now there's a well known logo applied. the Ali price is 31% of the bike manufacturer's price on their company site for exactly the same glove. the bike people might be wondering why they don't sell as many gloves as marketing forecast.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
it's a tough scene out there for the small business since the chineseum players have set such a low bar regarding ethical business practices. i hope whoever you partner with has in-house legal to protect your patent and their manufacturing rights.

recently bought a pair of riding gloves on Aliexpress. the ad photo on Ali does not show any bike manufacturer's logo, but when you get the gloves now there's a well known logo applied. the Ali price is 31% of the bike manufacturer's price on their company site for exactly the same glove. the bike people might be wondering why they don't sell as many gloves as marketing forecast.
Yeah, very difficult as inventor, especially that I'm not specialized in motorcycle but I have many ideas in different fields.

2241 - 2253 of 2253 Posts